Link up below!
Honestly, considering I have a five-day-old my only thoughts right now are pretty baby-centric. So, humor me this week!
1. Tonight was the big IB Celebration at work, and I was able to go! My husband stayed with Sawyer in my classroom so I could feed him before and after, which worked well. It went quite a bit over time, so I left early, which made me a little sad to miss all the kids afterwards. But still better than nothing!
2. Sawyer is much more alert and awake than I thought he would be (not bad thing). Today I was able to put him in the Pack n' Play for 45 minutes while I got ready and did some thing and he was totally content to stare out the window. Night time is a different story... last night he got eight hours in with only two wake-ups that were pretty short. Fingers crossed for a repeat tonight.
3. I hate discussing bodily functions with others. Giving birth and then having a newborn has forced me to, and, well, I still hate it.
4. I cut Sawyer's umbilical cord- I'm unabashedly proud.
5. Delivering a baby is the best diet plan ever! Seventeen pounds in five days! I'll take it!
6. We didn't really name him after anyone, we were just... inspired.
7. Is it bad that I find his super loud, super sad cry during sponge baths a little funny?
8. It's weird to not really have any obligations right now. Nothing pressing, at least. Sometimes I love it, sometimes it's a little hard to swallow. I know maternity leave will go by fast, though, so I need to enjoy every second of the next fourteen or so weeks with this little guy.
9. I'm so amused when people try to figure out who he looks like. I'm horrible with that kind of stuff. He looks like.... a baby.
10. Without going into too much detail, my water broke between second and third period at work, but I didn't realize it was that, so I kept working. My Braxton Hicks were a bit more intense that normal, and then regular, but I just kept working... And then drove home. After work I called the doctor and she said I needed to go to the hospital. I was in some serious denial- we even stopped at Target on the way to the hospital.