Link up, link back, say hi! Gotta make it quick today!
1. Tonight I will be attending our annual IB Celebration at the school where I teach, in order to recognize you students and jump into testing season. It really is bittersweet as a senior teacher. This marks the beginning of The End, and while I am ridiculously excited about summer break and proud of their success, I have grown very attached to some of my students and find it a little hard to accept that soon they won't be "my" kids anymore. But, we still have a few weeks so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
2. I was browsing iTunes for new music and checked out the Strumbellas' new album on a whim (basically because I thought their name was strange) and am really enjoying it.
3. I rarely ever get seriously angry, but getting a text from my husband yesterday morning with our backyard fence knocked over pissed me off beyond belief. Yeah, I'm mad about having to spend the money, but the truth in the matter is that I don't want to have to take care of something else. I don't want to deal with finding a reputable contractor or company to fix it or going back-and-forth between the neighbors. I don't want to have to worry about the liability that comes with an exposed fence and a pool. And I don't want to have to schedule my life around people coming out the house to complete the project. I know this is a part of home ownership and that I'm lucky to have a home, but seriously, I don't have time for this shit right now. Couldn't the wind wait a few more weeks until I'm off?
4. Amusing: people are SO mad at Target because HOW DARE they consider people that are DIFFERENT in their store policies and yet their stock dropped for about five minutes and has gone back to normal levels. Moral of the story- investors don't think there are legitimate financial threats.
5. I have asthma and it's been acting up big-time lately. Last fall I had problems with it and the doc at urgent care kindly told me that it was probably due to the fact that I needed to get my shit together (well, maybe not quite those words). I don't manage my asthma or allergies well, nor do I my levels of stress (well, I manage them outwardly, but on the inside I'm always two steps away from losing it). Anyway, I think I'm back there again, and probably need to have the pulmonary function test that he recommended done. Sure. Maybe the fence contractor can meet me at my PCP's office and we can talk about my lungs, the fence, grade papers together, and watch my kid.
6. I just finished Claire Messud's The Woman Upstairs today and need to pick something else out. I try just sort of go with my mood and expected levels of free time when I choose something, but I'm at standstill right now. Maybe the fact that I'm at an all-time of over 70 unread books on my shelves right now that makes the process a little overwhelming.