Happy Wednesday! Thanks for linking up... and linking back (please? It makes me happy and helps me validate the small fee for the linky). Thanks!
1. I've had amazing earring karma the last few days. I was wearing a simple pair that I love yesterday, but somehow lost one at school. I figured it was pretty hopeless, but as I was walking to a meeting on the far side of campus I spotted it on the ground in one piece. Then, I found another pair at home that I thought I'd lost and this morning I dropped my pearl in the sink and somehow caught it before it went down the drain. I've probably used up all my good luck for the next decade.
2. Two of my friends and I were hypothetically throwing around the idea of a turn-around trip to Vegas in a few months and it was all I could do to not scream "YES DEAR GOD YES PLEASE IF YOU ARE MY FRIENDS YOU WILL GO WITH ME!" I used to go once or twice a year with friends or my husband and I would go with another couple and I miss it. I want to dress up, eat too much, drink over-priced drinks, people-watch, and all those other things we do in Vegas.
3. I finally finished Donna Tartt's The Little Friend, 600+ pages later. Man it's hard to read book that are that long right now, at the start of the school year. I'm not sure where'd I'd place it on the Tartt hierarchy, but it was definitely good.
4. This weekend is the last mellow one for a few weeks. We have plans to take Sawyer to this local thing with rescue and emergency vehicles and out to lunch, and then to see a friend and her son, but other than that I hope to get some extra sleeping, reading, exercising, and paper-grading done.
5. We went to see the Giants play the Padres in San Diego last Saturday night and it was so much fun. Sawyer kept clapping and yelling "baseball" and he ate his body weight in junk food (me too). We did several laps around the stadium and the only snafu we hit was his brief breakdown when the Padres mascot headed towards him waving. My child is not down with costumed adults, apparently (or maybe just religious ones? Hmmm...). The Giants won and we almost stayed until the end, so it was a success.
6. I have Jonathan Safran Foer reading tomorrow night in LA with a friend! Yes!
7. I just realized today that I totally abandoned the second season of Serial in the middle. Do I care enough to go back? Sarah, I miss you and I love you, but I just don't know. I remember enjoying it, but I don't even recall what was happening when I accidentally jumped ship.
8. Okay, that's it. I'm going to watch This is Us. I don't know where I'll find the time, but the comparisons to Parenthood have convinced me. Now I just have to keep on it before Hulu deletes episodes (I know this sounds easy, but the fact that I watch .3 shows a week on my own makes it more challenging).
9. Urban Decay finally came out with a matte eyeshadow palette, so all of my hopes and dreams in life have basically come true.