Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

1. I like to play this game called "what Instagram tell me about a person's life"- I know, bad title. But it is interesting, on a sociological level, what someone pictures tell the world about them. Personally, people will note that I love baked goods, my dogs, being out and about, and the occasional adult beverage. Seems about right (you can follow me at Christeenie22... once I deem you worthy of an add).

2. I sucked it up and bought a pass to the LA Times Festival of Books so that I could reserve tickets for Margaret Atwood and Allison Bechdel. I hate their system of regular $1 tickets opening up just a few days before- I need to plan my life, thankyouverymuch. Plus, I'm over just cruising the festival. I'm not going to drive all the way up there and deal with parking to walk around the tents, sorry. I need sustenance.

3.  There's something about using the acronym RIP in reference to someone who has just died that I find really tacky. The person just lost their life- can you not write out the three words?

4. I have a student who has read all of Jeffrey Eugenides' works. If she wasn't already getting an A she sure as hell would be after I learned that (not really).

5.  "Squeeeeeee" is not a fucking a word. Do people actually say it? No. Does it actually legitimately mean something? No. 

6. My husband bought me a Kinect sports game for Easter so that I could play bowling (I was supposed to finish all of my x-Box LEGO games first, but he realized that I average one game a year and it would take me until 2017 at this rate). We've played a few evenings and it's so fun- it's nice to have a new option of things to do together.

7. I should have learned to play the piano when I was younger. I always had a slight interest and I have long, thin "piano fingers," as everyone says. I feel like it's too late. This yearning for musical talent may come from the fact that I've decided a beautiful mahogany piano would look very nice in my front room...

8. This past week I have learned if I make my peanut butter and apple butter sandwich the night before and just take it to eat in the car, I can sleep in an additional, glorious, seven minutes. This is a serious gift from the Gods.

9. I've been reading like a mo'fo lately- I'm on my fifth book this month. 

10. I bought three bathing suits today. I can't help it. My bathing suit buying addiction is starting to rival my need to own as many pieces of clothing as possible in the various shades of turquoise. 

2 comments:

  1. I think you should learn to play the piano if you want to or just get a beautiful mahogany player piano. I have always wanted to learn to play the cello just because I love the sound it makes. By the way, who says "Squeeeee"? I don't think that I have heard that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bloggers and tweeters write "squeeee." It's horrible.

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS