Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

[I made this!]


Super Tuesday? Super interesting. 

Coronavirus, huh? The mom and teacher in my is trying not to panic, but the more rational side of me with some science classes under my belt knows that, while concerning, most people are fine. I did stock up on some supplies this past weekend, in case we are stuck home for whatever reason. I did not turn into a hoarder (my most important buys: pantry staples for quick dinners in case I am sick, children's Motrin and adult Advil, protein/granola bars, and some extra laundry soap). 

I started a bookstagram for the blog, @bookishlyboisterous , but mostly so I could just make sure I had the user name and no one ever swiped it. I'm going to attempt to post more on it, but it's not a huge focus right now. Feel free to follow, it's public! I put much more energy into my personal one, and the one for my embroidery, @daily_floss_ (I hate that I have multiple instagrams... it seems so extra... but here we are, in 2020 juggling social accounts like I have alllll the time in the world). 

I am rereading Conrad's Heart of Darkness for the fifth time, and man do I dislike it. The racism of the time, the meandering syntax, the waxing and waning about the sea. I think this might be the last time ever, thank goodness.

I am also reading The Cactus League by Emily Nemens, and I'm no so sure yet (I'm about sixty pages in). I'm just not sure where it's going, which isn't always a bad thing, but I don't know if that sort of nuance is working here. I do have a soft spot for spring training, though, so that is keeping my hopeful.

My kid woke me up in the wee hours of the morning because he had a bad dream... about his nipples falling off. Again.

Since I'm totally all over the place today, I bought a sweater shaver to hopefully revitalize some of my sweaters. I'm slightly terrified to use it, despite the thousands and thousands of good reviews on Amazon. 

My son has the cutest field trip next week- they are taking their teddy bears to a pretty major area hospital to get check ups for them. The rationale is that it will help the kids become more comfortable at a hospital in case something is ever wrong, which seems like a good idea to me (although.... going back to the Coronavirus.... haha).

My husband and I watched Knives Out last weekend and I really like it! 

1 comment:

  1. I am curious about Knives Out...I need to check into it.

    I have mixed feelings about the coronavirus, but naturally feel some anxiety. The numbers are a bit much.

    Enjoy your week, and here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS