Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts




Last day of spring break, and also the first full day being home after vacation in Yosemite. Although I am not thrilled about going back to work tomorrow, I am excited for the next two months. There are lots of exciting things that are work-related and personal-related that will help the last stretch of school fly by. Just this month alone we are getting some painting done inside (so ready for a change and to buy a whole bunch of new accent pieces), we have a big surprise birthday weekend planned for Sawyer, Easter, and we have a special IB night for students. 

We had a great time in Yosemite. We hiked well over ten miles each day and were super lucky with absolute perfect weather. We stayed at the same hotel we always do, The Tenaya Lodge, which is worth every penny and the hour drive into the park. My sister, brother-in-law, and mom came up for one day, which was so nice. This was my sixth trip with Sawyer and I think my eleventh time going, ever, so I'm thinking of doing a longer post later about some of our memories, tips, recs, etc... 

I just knocked a huge, annoying item off my work to-do list, which is such a relief. 

I have always had the worst feet- they're dry, they crack easily, and they're ugly (part of this is genetics, part of this is because I like to walk around barefoot). I saw a influencer recommend AmLactin cream and I bought in on the spot. After just one day I noticed a huge difference and now after a week I have new feet. It's a miracle in a $10 bottle. 

I think I mentioned this before, but I went the entire pandemic not using any sort of food or grocery delivery. Last week I caved and used Instacart and yesterday when I got back from driving home I used Door Dash for dinner. Who am I? 

I read Black Cake over break and really enjoyed it! I am listening to Jennifer Egan's A Visit From the Goon Squad, which I read when it first came out. Her second book in the series comes out soon, so I wanted to revisit it first, but, as it turns out, I don't really know if they're truly related in content, maybe just structure. Oh well! 

My husband and I painted a Where the Wild Things Are mural on Sawyer's bedroom wall before he was born and he's recently expressed interest in redoing it. Scott and I were just talking and I think we're going to do a Super Mario one this summer. He is SUPER busy with work and commuting now, so I think he will draw the actual picture and I'll do the painting. I'm actually really excited! This will be the last one we do... if he wants to keep it until he moves out, great, if not, we will just do solid paint color. 

Last week's to-dos:
This week's to-dos:
- donate old clothes (I have them all ready, I just need to drop them off)
- get a chunk of grading done before leaving for Yosemite (yup!)
- Finish Black Cake  (done!)
- Get mostly done with an Etsy order (yes!)

This week's to dos: 
- finish and ship Etsy order
- Create pattern for quick Easter embroidery
- decide on paint color and prep house for painters
- finish Fox book
- Be 50% done with my next round of IB submissions 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS