Books in Real Life



1. I got "survival is insufficient" from Station Eleven tattooed on my wrist this past weekend. I made the appointment last August and it was finally time! Daniel Winter  did it and my last one- if someone is permanently marking me up it's this guy (he did my tree on my neck, as well). This will probably be my third and final one, so I'm glad I'm going out with something I absolutely love.





2. Last weekend I went to La Jolla alone for two nights and it was absolutely magical. I drove down on Friday night and on Saturday I slept as long as I could (fine, until 7:30), got up and just started walking. I got coffee, walked around a museum of modern art for an hour, ate at Sugar and Scribe, and walked some more. All in all it was a 10+ mile day! I went back to the hotel and read for several hours, ate dinner without having to help anyone, went to bed, and went home to my family the next day. I think this needs to be a yearly tradition.




3. Before ending for the year I allowed my students to create their own "A" from The Scarlet Letter and I wanted to get in on the fun, too, so I embroidered one. It was so much fun! I didn't have any sort of plan, I just sat down for a little bit each day and did a variety of stitches in a few different shades. Ideally I'd love to do a hoop for each book I read with my kids, but we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS