Link up, link back! For those that are new, this feature allows bloggers to share thoughts related to books and life that may not be a post themselves.
1. We were out to dinner over the weekend with Sawyer and an elderly couple stopped us on the way out to tell us how well-behaved our child was in a restaurant. I thought it was such a nice thing to do, since people tend to be more likely to point out the negative sides of little foodie patrons. We totally lucked out, though. We've only had to leave with him once (we refuse to be that couple with the crying kid), but that was when he was six weeks old. He really loves to look around and I come pretty well-stocked with finger foods and toys. Hopefully it lasts!
2. So, I had a basic yearly checkup at the Ob-Gyn (not one that you have when you're pregnant... I don't want those rumors to start! Just no. No way) yesterday and an old student was working there... still. She gave me my post-partum inventory when I went in for my six week check and there she was, once again privy to my chart and data. She also called me "Christine" like five times, just to show me that she could.
3. I feel like understanding Facebook's privacy controls are really way too complicated for some people, despite explaining it to them fifty-seven times before.
4. Tomorrow will be my first yoga class back in a studio since, I think, January of last year. I'm taking an hour class instead of a 90-minute class, since it's what works while I have childcare, but still. We'll see how it goes.
5. Speaking of working out, my routine has been pretty simple lately- get in a 30-60 minute walk with the stroller in our neighborhood hills after work, or in the morning, and then do PiYo at night after Sawyer is bed three nights a week. The nightly workouts are killing me, in terms of motivation. By the end of the day, once he's in bed the last thing I really want to do is put on my workout clothes and begin. But, walking isn't going to fix everything, so I don't see any other options (my husband doesn't get home until 7:30ish on week nights, so before hand is tough now that Sawyer is so mobile).
6. I was proud of this:
7. I want these, like in a bad way:
8. I have a meeting with a financial adviser tomorrow to look into setting up a college fund for Sawyer and life insurance for Scott and I. I also want to ask her how I can invest my money with no risk but make a ton in return. Can that happen? Super conservative, high-yield investments?
9. I'm listening to John Ratey's Wild and had no choice but to suffer through the section on the evils of simple carbs/sugar. Honestly, I know those things are bad for us but I've never put in the effort to listen to the biological explanation because I know it will make me feel guilty. And it did. After the Reese's PB Eggs are gone we'll talk. Just don't make me give those up, John. Oh, and the part about not drinking "sugar water" doesn't apply to the Chocolate Chip Cookie creamer I put in my iced coffee every morning, right?
10. We have new patio furniture! And a BBQ! Friends are coming over Saturday for dinner and then we're going to do something on Sunday for just us and my brother for Easter. I love having people over and now that it can be done outside makes it that much easier.