For the past few months I've been posting some monthly goals and then holding myself accountable to review how I did. Like I always say, this is more for my sake, but I respond well to public accountability.
Yes, I know I have been goal-heavy with the end of the year resolutions and recaps. Oh well. 'Tis the season and all that.
I may have been too ambitious for December, but considering the grading hell I had to save myself from and the holidays, the fact that I'm still alive is an accomplishment. It was a very half-assed month in many regards:
1. Not gain any weight- Have no clue I haven't stepped on the scale in two weeks, but my clothes still fit so it can't be that bad. D-Day is Sunday.
2. Go to yoga three times- No way Try zero. It's been way too busy on the weekends.
3. Work on my 2015 book- No I have thought about it and am giving myself until the end of this month.
4. Read a graphic novel- No Sigh.
5. Pay more attention to the dogs- Yes I definitely walked them more, but still not enough. But technically I did pay more attention to them, so it's a win.
6. Salute the sun- Sorta I did do a session or two every week of sun salutations but want to do more. I love the app I downloaded!
7. Make appointments- Sorta I booked one with my doctor and went, as well as the podiatrist and the tax lady. I still need ones for my eyes and teeth, though.
8. Cards and thank-you notes- Sorta I did Christmas cards but still have yet to do thank-you notes.
9. Clean out every cabinet and drawer in the kitchen- No This is downright laughable. They're probably in worse shape than they were.
10. Get out and have some fun- Yup Maybe not as much as I wanted, but Scott and I went away, Sawyer saw Santa, we decorated cookies, we met up with friends, and we saw lots of Christmas lights.
1. Make fruit/veggie smoothies three times a week- Sawyer and I need some disguised spinach and kale in our diets.
2. Finish 2015 photo book- It's not going to be a masterpiece, since I'm not very organized, but I want to do something!
3. Take stuff to Goodwill- Why is this so hard? The box of donations is full; shouldn't that be the challenge?
4. 95k steps every week- I'm still training for a half marathon...
5. Computer maintenance-type stuff- Buy a new laptop charger, back up everything to my external hard drive, back up phone, and update IOSes. I am scared.
6. Chart time for two weekdays and one weekend- In my ongoing quest to be more efficient with my time, it would be nice to see a breakdown of some typical days.
7. Stay on top of grading- Time to start a new semester! This translates to not wanting to ever feel like I'm in the grading hole.
8. Journal more- I've let this slide lately, and it always makes me so feel so much calmer and organized.
9. Write two short stories- My current goal is to create a twelve story collection. I have no idea why I chose that number.
10. Get a pedicure- Finding the ninety minutes on a weekend to make this happen is tough (this includes driving time).