Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Hey there! Say hi, link up, link back!

1. I highly recommend following Moomooi on Instagram. She is a beautiful artist that draws women and the illustrates their dresses with flowers. Eye candy at it's finest.

2. I bought this pair of star tights. I just couldn't help it, they're so dang fun. I'm sure they'll come in handy for Vegas. 

3. So, I've been mildly obsessed with making the Milk Bar Birthday Cake since seeing it on Annie's Eats a few years ago. I got the cookbook in the mail last week and am determined to make it. Unfortunately, it requires a lot of things I don't have, in terms of ingredients and tools (citric acid, gelatin, cake rings, etc...). But still, I am going to make it happen. When I get something like this stuck in my mind it doesn't budge. 

4. Last night I made a boysenberry pie for the first time ever, since I've never seen the fruit (albeit canned) in the stores until last week. It turned out delicious! I used my new favorite pie crust and the recipe on the canning company's website and it ended up tasting super similar to the pie place we usually buy it. I love pie baking but don't love the traditional apple and pumpkin ones I normally make, so this made me happy. 

5. I would just like the record to show that I organized my tupperware cupboard over two months ago and it is still perfect. Sawyer clearly has bigger fish to fry, now. 

6. Jane Mount, from the Ideal Bookshelf, designed a piece entitled "Resistance" and it arrived in my mail today. I love it! And her work! 

7. I just started The Wang's vs The World and so far I'm really liking it.

8. This morning I had an epic "Suck it Up, Buttercup" moment. Between Sawyer waking up a few times at ungodly hours lately (thankfully not the norm these days) and some other things going on at work and at home and in the world I just was extremely cranky and unmotivated. Plus, I woke up with a headache, which made me convinced I was getting sick (I am not). It's hard being the mom of a toddler and the teacher of 130+ students when you're not even feeling your own company. But I took an extra lap around campus, had some coffee, and made a list of things to do later in the day so I'd alleviate some stress there. While being a teacher is tough in these situations, it's actually a blessing, too, because in order to be effective and stay on track you just have to keep going. Plus the kids are generally amusing and distracting, which can be enough to send a bad mood packing. 



7 comments:

  1. I followed Moomooi. She does awesome work after a quick glance. I will look closer later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice-looking tights. Have fun in Vegas.

    Going to check out Moomooi. :)

    A nicely organized Tupperware space has to be awesome. Mine is sort of organized. :)

    Have a great rest of your day.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegas is fun! Enjoy, and those tights do say party time.

    I also have to find something to distract me every day, with the world in its current state....and thrillers are helping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A boysenberry pie sounds delicious right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're enjoying The Wangs vs The World so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I participated in your meme. First time doing it and already loving it.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS