Link up, link back, say hey!
1. It really, really irritates me on the rare occasion I get my son a Happy Mealthey ask for his gender so they can give him the "right" toy. Yup, he loves cars. But you know what? He also loves little dolls. Enough with the labels and stereotypes.
2. Every morning Sawyer tells me that he's going to drive with my keys, go be a teacher, I'm going to daycare, and then he makes siren noises because he knows this will end in an accident. Ha!
3. I was rejected for the Half Dome lottery this year, which is sad but maybe a blessing in disguise. Logistically, it's always hard to get away alone and it would have cost a bit to stay up there, when I just spent a lot a few weeks ago. But dang. I really thought this was going to be my year to kill it.
4. I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse that I don't know how the pipe system works in my house. I know they make noises, as does the water heater, but I'm always wondering if they're the right noises... at the right time... in the right wall... But, on the bright side, there's no signs of water damage so I probably should just slow my roll.
5. I just finished The Telomere Effect and it was a good reminder that I have some really great habits and some really bad ones. I am hoping it all balances out (more in-depth review to come soon).
6. I started A Man Called Ove and it's perfect for my busy week and my headspace right now.
7. It's Easter weekend! Time to play Easter bunny, dye eggs, take some pictures, and make a bunny cake. It's also the start of three busy weekends in a row, which right now sounds great but we'll see how I am feeling in three weeks.
8. I never go to Walgreens but a few years ago I signed up for some sort of reward system tied to my Fitbit that rewards me with dollars for steps. Apparently I have $35 now, just for walking and running. DRUGSTORE SHOPPING SPREE. Ha.