A Few Bookish Children's Books

I'm a sucker for good kid's books, and better yet if they're related to reading or writing. Here are a few that we have and love:



Biblioburro by Jeanette Winter: A Colombian man decides to donate his excess books to kids-in-need by way of his burros (based on a true story). 


The Incredible Book Eating Boy by Oliver Jeffers: The more he eats, the more the boy learns! But then he gets a little carried away...



A Child of Books by Oliver Jeffers (he's the best): The illustrations in this book about reading and imagination are beautiful. 


My Pet Book by Bob Staake: Books are easy pets until they disappear...


It Came in the Mail by Ben Clanton: A letter-writing campaign to the mailbox goes right... and then wrong... and then right again (now every time we go to the mail we talk about dragons in the mailbox).




2 comments:

  1. I've read 3 of these -- I'll have to look for the other two at the library soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGGGG I need them all! My favorite in this vein is The Boy Who Was Raised by Librarians by Carla Morris.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS