Fall Titles I'm Excited About



Fall in Southern California basically means everyone gets super excited about drinking PSLs in their shorts and that they might grab a lightweight sweater if they're out after dark, so I use the term pretty liberally. Nonetheless, I love the anticipation of the season, since it means there are so many fun holidays and events on the horizon. There are also a few book releases that I'm getting psyched about. Check out some titles that will surely be finding their ways onto my shelves in the coming months:

Unsheltered by Barbara Kingsolver- I have actually only read one or two books by her before, but I know enough to know that I'll want to read this one too. 

Becoming by Michelle Obama I pre-ordered this the day it was available, long before it had a cover. I can't wait.

Lake Success by Gary Shteyngart- If you haven't read any of Shteyngart's other books you must. His dry wit is hilarious and his stories are addictive. I hope to see him next month in LA!

Bibliophile by Jane Mount- Mount paints prints of book spines and I have been head-over-heels in love with her work since the first time I saw one many years ago. I have some of her prints and notecards, as well as her other book. Someday I will save my pennies and get a custom-made painting done for my little home library. 

Elevation by Stephen King- I am generally not a huge King fan, but I do appreciate his writing abilities and his personal backstory. This one sounds pretty interesting, though, and isn't his typical horror/mystery story, but instead a sort of sci-fi social commentary.  

Killing Commendatore by Haruki Murakami- I haven't read any of Murakami's novels, just his memoir, so this one might be the one I take the plunge with (I have to confess that the references to The Great Gatsby intrigued me).

Friday Black by Nana Kwame Adjei-Brenyah- I was sold when I say that Roxane Gay blurbed this collection of short stories about racial injustice. 

Family Trust by Kathy Wang- I think this one might be a little lighter, but I thought the comparison to The Nest was interesting, especially since this is set in the Silicon Valley. 

The  Museum of Modern Love by Heather Rose- I know this was available in other countries, but finally Americans will be able to soon get their hands on a novel centered around a unique art instillation. 

All About Cake by Christina Tosi- More recipes from Tosi and The Milk Bar! They're opening a shop in LA and I cannot wait to not only go buy EVERYTHING but take a class once I can snag a spot.  

Am I missing anything? Do I need to add any other titles to my list?


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS