Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts




The best part of football is when it's on and you go grocery shopping and no one else is there. Touchdown for Christine in the frozen foods aisle, GO TEAM MEAL PLANNING!!!! 

My grandma's funeral was yesterday, which meant seeing a ton of relatives I haven't seen in years. Always interesting...

There should be some sort of celebration that this month is practically over. 

Preface: I have never smoked anything in my life, not once (asthmatic lungs) and, while I don't believe in reincarnation, the prospect terrifies. EVERY SINGLE DAY I crave a cigarette at some point, usually in situations of stress or transition (like dropping Sawyer off and driving to work). Hear me out: what if my worst nightmare is actually true and reincarnation is a thing and past Christine was a chain smoker who died of lung cancer? 

We just finished The Awakening at work and it has been such a treat to discuss with the kids. They have so many opinions about Edna and her death! 

I think I might plan a trip this summer, involving passports and air travel and a big fat asterisk that denotes "COVID willing." 

Current obsession: 
- MILK Bar Ice Cream
- Deciding what kind of rowing machine to buy
- Olive and June nail polish
- gummy bears from the farmer's market
- indoor paint color 
- clay earring stud makers on Etsy
- my new hair bubble wand 



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandma, and hope you were able to be with the people you wanted to be with at the funeral.

    I'm also thinking about a trip that involves passports. New Zealand probably our safest and easiest choice.

    Rowing machines - as someone who spent years rowing (crew), and on rowing machines, there's only one worth considering - Concept 2. We have one at home (previously used at a rowing club), which is still going strong after 20 years!

    Will have to check out Olive and June - I'm a complete nail polish junkie. Current favourite brands are I Scream Nails and Heroine NYC.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS