Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



After buying it a very, very, very long time ago, I finally finished the LEGO Tree House, which was so much more satisfying to put together than anticipated. I really enjoy LEGOs and play with my son fairly often, or at least supervise while he puts together sets. I love tree houses very much, so it was the set for me. It took probably 12-15 hours over the course of several weeks, and I'm a little sad that it's done.

I just got the call that my new reading couch is ahead of schedule and will be delivered on Monday. I'm so excited!

I just ordered a magical drink chiller that apparently will turn my hot coffee into iced coffee in just sixty seconds. If this is true it will be life changing. 

I've been a reading machine since school got out- I think I've read twelve books so far? It's so nice to have so much time to just read and not feel guilty about needing to work or do all the other domestic things I have to put off while I'm gone during the school year. I just started How to Be Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi and Whereabouts by Jhumpa Lahiri and both are wonderful so far. 

Even if you aren't a podcast person, listen to the Critical Race Theory and Alzheimer's Drug episodes from this week on The Daily. CRT is becoming a hot-button issue where I live (although it's not even CRT... it's ethnic studies, which is really  not the same),  which I will probably complain about several times a month indefinitely. The Alzheimer's one is actually super disappointing, since things seem really, really fishy with how the FDA approval played out. My grandma is in the late stages of the disease, so I was hopeful that other families would maybe have an option to helped love ones in the future and not go through what we have. I am trying to be optimistic that even though this one seems to be shady the drug technology is headed in the right direction.

I hit it off with one of Sawyer's friend's moms and we went out the other night and all the sudden we had been sitting at a restaurant bar for three hours and were shutting the place down. It can be sort of awkward navigating the social life of your child when they're super young, so I feel super lucky that some of his friends have cool moms.

I have meant to start an allowance for Sawyer for a few years now, but I never have cash on me! My friend suggested fake money and I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner! I ordered some the other day and we're off and running! I attribute my money-sense to having an allowance from a very young age and being forced to budget. My parents didn't have much money for extras, but they would give us a few dollars a week- it was up to us to save for new books, extra clothes we wanted, going to the movies, etc... I want him to be in the same boat! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS