Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Link up, link back say hey!

1. Sloooooowest weeeeeeeek eveeeeeeeeeer. I'm looking forward to the weekend, and it hasn't been a bad week (so far) by any means, I just can't believe that it's only Wednesday. 

2. Roxane Gay is coming to LA in January and my friend and I are already stalking the Skylight site waiting for tickets to go on sale. She's coming out with a collection of stories that she's on tour, so that's exciting news in and of itself. 

3. I just got tickets for the three of us to go to a limited-time-only Pixar Exhibit at the California Science Museum in December (because that month isn't busy enough). It looks super fun and the tickets include entry to the shuttle- if you're local check it out!

4. I made these cookie bars (cream cheese + corn starch= so soft) and they were delicious (I used M&Ms and a cake pan instead, so they were thicker). I also made this gnocchi one-pot sort of deal as well, but subbed sausage for the chicken and it was really easy and good. 

5. I had no idea Maria Semple, author of Where'd You Go, Bernadette? had a new book out! I had a gift card to Amazon, so I ordered it the other day. It seems like a funny, quick read that will be at least a tiny bit relatable. 

6. I also just downloaded Amy Schumer's audiobook, The Girl With the Lower Back Tattoo. I had reservations for a few reasons, but the first ten minutes I listened to today on the way to get Sawyer were entertaining.

7. Not only are there SO many books that are coming out of have recently, (I've had a post in my drafts on this for ages), but there are so many new albums coming out in the next few weeks, too! Lady Gaga, Kings of Leon, The Naked and Famous, The Weeknd, Beck, and Metallica, just to name a few. Thank goodness for Spotify.

8. The other night I was so exhausted and just done with attempting productivity, that I just climbed into bed with my book and laid there and read for the first time in ages. It seems so simple and common, but it's been ages since I've read in bed and it was so very nice.

9. So, an old colleague that I am friendly with managed to convince me to try Rodan + Fields' eye cream with all of her pictures and posts. I sort of feel like I've joined a cult (but one with people with skin that's continuously improving). I've heard that there are a lot of aggressive R+F saleswomen, but she hasn't been so I decided to go for it. Fingers crossed I have the eyes of twenty-year-old in sixty days.

10. My Giants are out of the playoffs. Womp womp womp. But you know what's most important? That my "team" doesn't lose the presidential race. Speaking of that, a student asked me whom I was voting for the other day and I couldn't answer because of this very specific memo that was sent down to all employees from the district office. Not that I discuss politics often with my students, but the fact that there could be a doubt in their mind where I stand on the issue, and that I can't clarify it, irks me to no end. I'm sure they know, but I want them to know. But they can't. 



5 comments:

  1. Oh, the political posts on social media are numerous, but I refrain from my own postings. (Although I will "like" the posts on FB that I agree with). There are some people to whom I can't talk politics...so I keep my mouth shut.

    I'll be glad when the election is over.

    I've been noticing Maria Semple's new book, too. I've heard mixed reactions, but that's okay. If I want to read a book, it doesn't matter if everyone else loves it or hates it.

    Those cookies sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard mixed things about Amy Schumer's book, but I have heard that the audiobook is a great listen!
    All the cooking sounds amazing!!
    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to check out the Amy Schumer, but who knows when I will get to it. So many books out right now that I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know how that Maria Semple book is....I read Bernadette, but the description on the new one didn't "win me over"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be curious on what you think of Mari Semple's new book! I was excited to read Bernadette. I really liked the format but didn't find the characters as funny as others seemed to...

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS