Link up, link back, say hi!
1. My husband and I started watching Fargo last Saturday night (the show, not the movie) and I honestly had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had heard it was smart and really good, but that's about it. So. There's a lot of blood....
2. I think I'm going to start learning how to embroider. I will always love cross stitching, but I am intrigued by the variety of stitches that you can work with when you take it up a notch. Naturally, I bought a book.
3. My friends and their kids came over last weekend and I made a few different things, including this french toast casserole (minus the blueberries)- so good fresh out of the oven and cold from the pan two days later. Brunch, by the way, is officially my favorite meal to entertain for now. You get up, get stuff ready, you get to hang out for a few hours, and then once everyone leaves (to put kids down for naps) you still have the rest of the day (to grade papers). Plus brunch food is delicious.
4. Are you participating in 10 Actions in 100 Days? My letters just need stamps!
5. This weekend we are headed to the Fleet Science Center in San Diego to see The Art of the Brick Exhibit. Sunday is the last day it will be there, so I'm glad I realized it and got tickets. I'm super excited- I would go even if I didn't have a toddler. There are nearly 100 LEGO sculptures (or whatever you want to call it), so I'm sure we will get our money's worth.
6. At lunch today I was reading How to Win at Feminism by The Reductress and saw this and could not stop laughing:
7. Pro-tip, discovered by a sleepy, accidental moment in 5:30 am: put on a little blush before foundation, and then some after, if you want it to stay all day.
8. New books:
9. If you are a baker, follow King Arthur Flour on Instagram for some serious inspiration.
10. I am obsessed with making Sawyer a puppet door theater this summer. I think he may be a tiny bit too young (or not?) right now, but by then it'll be so much fun to make some DIY puppets and put on shows in his room. Can you tell I'm living vicariously through my kid just a tiny bit? I really always wanted a doll house when I was small, but this will do.
11. I am way, way, way too attune to the noises my house makes. And attune I mean bordering on psychotic. The heater. The pipes. The water heater. Strange smells that might be gas leaks (or just cooking smells). It's like my super power is noticing slightly irregular noises and obsessing about them and wondering what sort damage they could cause (and would our home owner's insurance cover it? And if not, how much would the repair cost?). It's bad. This is what happens when I am caught up on my grading and have room in my head to stress about things.
12. Let's end it with something sweet: like these cupcakes that I desperately want to make but could see ending disastrously.