Top Ten Tuesday- 2016 Releases... in 2017?

I am not one of those readers who's necessarily current on new releases- sure, I might own them, but I sort of just read whatever I feel like. Maybe it is the newest McEwan... or maybe it's a Patchett from eight years ago. Nonetheless, there were a TON of releases last year that I was super excited for and didn't quite get to, which is perfect, since that's what The Broke and the Bookish are asking us to list this week! Go-go reality check!

1. Hagseed by Margaret Atwood- I am so fascinated by these Hogarth books! I think I might want to reread The Tempest, first, though, so that's part of the hangup. 

2. The Terranauts by TC Boyle- Considering I'd list this guy in my top authors, it's embarrassing how few of his books I've actually read. 

3. Zero K by Don Delillo- I even went to his reading last spring!

4. The Barbarian Days of Surfing by William Finnegan- I was so into this book as a summer read. And then summer ended and it didn't get opened. 

5. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi- Everyone had nothing but amazing things to say about this. How was that not enough?

6. Nutshell by Ian McEwan- Ian, buddy, I'm so ashamed.

7. The Tsar of Love and Techno by Anthony Marra- I'm sure I will get to it this year, since short stories fit into busy spots in my life well. And there are never any shortage of those!

8. Commonwealth by Ann Patchett- I was SO excited about this book and then it sort of fell off my radar during November and December. I even forgot to ask for it for Christmas! I have gotten it since and see it being read in the next month or two. 

9. Swing Time by Zadie Smith- I will say that I have to be in the right mood for Zadie, so hopefully this will happen then year. I have had White Teeth for forever and haven't been able to get into it, yet I loved On Beauty and Changing My Mind. 

10. A Doubter's Almanac by Ethan Canin- I read The Palace Thief many, many years ago and enjoyed it, but I sort of forgot about it until my husband picked tis one up last month. 

7 comments:

  1. So many books last year and so little time! Also in my case I was not in the mood of reading a lot, I am getting older and I get too tired that when I sit to read I fall sleep :P

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made Homegoing my first read of 2017 and I was so glad I did - it was spectacular! I'm also yet to read Swing Time and Commonwealth. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hagseed was on my list, too. I finished my post a couple days ago and actually have started Hagseed now! (I was embarrassed when I looked at the same topic from last year and still have only read one book on the list. oops. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homegoing made my list, too! I actually found the two Hogarth books I read last year to be duds, so even though I love Atwood I'm reluctant to read Hagseed. I haven't seen much in the way of review traffic around it, so if I hear good things maybe I'll pick it up? I did read Zero K, though, and found it more admirable than enjoyable. I hope it does more for you than it did for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound pretty good! I hope you get to these!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swing Time! Shoot! Left that one out of my list!

    Lisa @ https://hopewellslibraryoflife.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-meant-to-read-in-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A librarian friend of mine put Hagseed as one of her top 10 books of the year. For what it's worth, she said she didn't reread The Tempest first, but did read the summary in the back which she felt was good enough to refresh her memory.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS