Out and About (ALONE)

Yesterday I spent a good chunk of the day completely alone, something I haven't done in a really long time. I didn't feel guilty, I didn't have reservations, and I didn't look back. I could give you an extremely long inner monologue about parenting, trying (and often failing) to be a good feminist, and use of time, but I will not. Instead, here are some pictures of my day at LA's Metropolitan of Contemporary Art (MOCA), walking around downtown LA, and a visit to Skylight Books up in Los Feliz. 

[the outside of the MOCA]

[Pollock]

[found items of NYC streets]

[Warhol]

[Spirographs! Part of a larger exhibit]



[outside sculpture]

[eating alone at a place that doesn't
serve chicken strips]

[DTLA]


[On of my favorite bookstores]

[a bookstore without fluff]

3 comments:

  1. Skylight books looks like a really nice bookshop.

    (BTW your header has gone funny, in case you didn't see)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so important to spend time on your own, especially guilt free time enjoying your passions, not running errands and such. It looks like you had a lovely day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- a whole day alone. Nice! I don't know what I would do with myself, but I would surely find something. I did get the most alone time in the last 9 years just a couple of weeks ago with E went to sleep away camp for the first time. (He loved it!) I still had to work during the day though. He's going for another week at the end of June so I'm working on what I'll do with my free time.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS