Top Ten Favorites Read in 2017 (Plus Some Stats)


2017 was a very, very full year at home and at work, but I made a lot of time for reading- I'm proud of the 70 books I managed (the most in one year since I started blogging in 2011!). Before I get down to my favorites read this year, here are a few fun stats:

34 books were by men 
34 books were by women
2 books had multiple authors 

43 books were fiction 
27 books were nonfiction 

4 books were graphic novels 

of the nonfiction: 
4 books were on feminism
3 books were running/fitness related
3 books were on parenting 
7 books were memoirs
(the rest were a mix)

16 books were for work in some capacity 

19,884 pages were read, or 54.47 pages on average a day

And here, in no particular order, are my top 10 books read in 2017:

1. The Nix by Nathan Hill

2. This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett

3. Exit West by Mohsin Hamid

4. Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

5. Hunger by Roxane Gay

6. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi

7. Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie

8. The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas

9. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

10. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

[pictures are saved from my Instastories, part of how I record my books]


Honorable Mentions:

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton

The Stranger in the Woods by Micahel Finkel

The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead 

Commonwealth by Ann Patchett


What did you love? Or hate (that's always fun too)

4 comments:

  1. I am currently reading Little Fires Everywhere and I love it. No doubt it is one of my favourite bloggers' best books of 2017!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hate U Give was so good! Not sure if I will make a top list of the year but that would likely be on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my favorite time of year, when my well-read friends offer additions to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am listening to the audio of The Hate U Give right now. It's great!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS