Recent Acquisitions and Preorders



While I haven't been on a book-buying spree lately, I have definitely not halted my purchases either. I read nearly twenty or so books over the summer, so I definitely am reading faster than purchasing, which is always a win.... Someday I'll get my unread books back down to under 100. 

Well, maybe.

Here's a few that I've either added to my collection lately, or will be soon:

Acquisitions:
Guide to a Well-Behaved Dog by Zak George- Ellie is your typical one-year-old Golden Retriever, but I would like some more structured training tips without having to take her to classes or hire someone. 

The Vegetarian by Han Kang- I honestly have no clue what this about, but we're reading it next for our English department book club, so I need to get on it!

A is of Activist by Innosanto Nagara- I buy my brother's unborn baby a book a month, so this was the one for August

The Silence by Don Delillo- This recent novella received horrible reviews, so I want to see why (and it's short and was less than $5, so I'm even more intrigued) 

How to Be More Tree- This is a novelty sort of book, but I love the idea! So many things that are fundamental to trees would make for good habits for humans. 

We Are the Babysitter's Club edited by Marisa Crawford and Megan Milks- I saw this collection of essays about the impact of reading BSC and new I needed it. 

The Molecule of More by Daniel Lieberman and Michael Long- I have some pretty complex theories on my need for constant productivity, and I think this book about dopamine will help me understand, and explain, more 

Knock Knock! by Highlights- This is for Sawyer, since he is horrible at making up knock knock jokes and I thought this would help. It has not. 

Preorders: 

Matrix by Lauren Groff- I have no clue what this is about, to be honest, but I'll read whatever she writes (get ready to hear this refrain a lot...)

Harlem Shuffle by Colson Whitehead- see above

These Precious Days by Ann Patchett- see above

Between the Lines by Uli Beutter Cohen- I love her Instagram account in which she photographs and interviews readers on the subway, so I can't wait to support her by having the book version!

Bibliophile Diverse Spines by Jane Mount- I love Jane Mount so much, so I can't wait to see what her newest book holds. 

Cat Kid Comic Club Perspectives  by Dav Pilkey- This is for Sawyer, although I'm sure I'll be given a page-by-page run down

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS