Top Ten Tuesday-Get on With It!

Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish- Authors we'd like to see another book.

I have a yearbook to edit, so this is going to be quick and picture-less. I will leave you with an awesome video to redeem my brevity, though.

1. Marisha Pessl- I complain about this all the time; nothing since Special Topics in Calamity Physics. Supposedly next year. Sure.

2. Jonathan Safran Foer- He's come out with a few special collections and works, but not just a straight up novel. I'd like to see one.

3. Reif Larsen- Author of The Selected Works of TS Spivet (I fell madly in love with that book last year).

4. Sunshine O'Donnell- She wrote a novel about professional weepers called Open Me, which was phenomenal, and, unfortunately, not successful. Girl needs her big break.

5. Junot Diaz- I need some more Junot in my life. Everyone needs some Junot. I just like saying his name. Junot. Junot. Junot.

6. Rodes Fishburne- Wrote another under the radar novel a few years ago called Going to See the Elephant about controlling the weather- magical realism in San Francisco.

7. Steve Tolz- A Fraction of the Whole left by begging for more.

8. Nick Hornby- Yes, I understand that it hasn't been long, and no, I don't want him to turn start running a book sweatshop, but I can't help it. I love that funny little bald man.

9. Nancy Horan- I really liked Loving Frank and would be interested in something new.

10. Nicholas Sparks- Oh wait, he had a book come out last month? Oh, and next week too? And the week after? My bad.

And, the moment you've been waiting for, via Nathan Englander's twitter (by the way, did I mention he has responded to my tweets has actually interacted with me? Or at least his assistant has...)



Watch it. Love it. Watch it again. Love it some more. Share it.

2 comments:

  1. Junot Diaz is a great suggestion. I wasn't a huge fan of The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, but I liked it enough that I would definitely get excited about a new novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visit more often for updates, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS