Bookish Wish List- Late 2020


 

I did a pretty good job of not buying too many book during the summer, but now that all-too-familiar itch is back and I've been spending some time revisiting my wish list. Here are some that I have pre-ordered, in my cart, or are just on my mind: 

1. Accidentally Wes Anderson by Wally Koval- I stumbled across a post from Book Soup on this the other day and then spent a few minutes looking at the Instagram account with the same name. Basically it's a coffee table book with images that connect to his movies, which I love. Once I found out that Anderson had give it his blessing I pre-ordered it. 

2. What are you Going Through by Sigrid Nunez- I really l enjoyed her last book, and this one has gotten good reviews as well, so I had add to my short list of books to purchase over the next few months. 

3. Just Like You by Nick Hornby- I am ashamed to admit that I didn't even know he had just published a new novel, and I would consider Hornby one of my top-ten favorites! I don't have a set book budget, but I do have a fairly rigid person budget, so once I have some wiggle room I'll be hitting "buy."

4. Monogamy by Sue Miller- Honestly, I don't know a ton about this book and I have never read anything else by her, but the quick snippet I did read had my intrigued. Marriage and divorce and the decisions people make regarding cohabitation are fascinating. 

5. Once I Was You by Maria Hinojosa- This memoir tells about Hinojosa's extensive career as  Latina journalist. 

6. Here by Richard McGuire- I read about this graphic novel awhile ago and it's five or six years old. McGuire focuses on the idea of space and time- a room in an apartment building and who lives in it, past, present and future. 

7. Poser: My Life in Twenty-Three Yoga Poses by Claire Dederer- I can be a sucker for running and yoga memoirs, what can I say? I also do a lot of reflecting when I'm on the mat, so there's a bit of a voyeuristic quality to this.

8. The Molecule of More by Daniel Lieberman- It's a whole book about dopamine. Sold.

9. Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family by Robert Kolker- For the longest time I thought that this book was something totally different, as opposed to a look at mental health in one family. It seems like it might be a tough read, but also fascinating. 

10. Life and Other Shortcomings by Corie Adjmi- A welcome dose of some short stories with feminist (I think) undertones. 

11. A Promised Land by Barack Obama- I preordered it the second I heard about it. 

12. Milk Bar: Kids Only by Christina Tosi- I adore Tosi and not-so-secretly wish she and I could be best friends. I have her other cookbooks and I love them, but the recipes require lots of difficult-to-find items (citric acid, clear vanilla, glucose, etc...) so I don't make many of them. The idea of a simpler kids book is exciting! I I won't even pretend I got it for Sawyer, haha.

1 comment:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS