Books on My Wish List for Sawyer



Sawyer, my first-grader, is at such a fun age when it comes to reading right now. Not only does he love to be read to still, both picture and chapter books, but he also can read to himself more and more as well. His favorites right now continue to be the Mo Willems books, the Harry Potter series (we are reading the third at night now), and any of the Dog Man or Captain Underpants books. Here are a few on my/our radar: 

Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Guide to Diagon Alley and Beyond by Matter Reinhart- We have the first pop-up book of Hogwarts, which is really awesome and well-done, so I have a feeling this one will be too. 

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling and illustrated by Jim Kay- I have the boxed set of the novels, but I have been reading Sawyer the ones with illustrations. We are on the third and will need to get the next one soon! 

Roald Dahl Collection (15 books)- There are so many great classic in here that I can't wait to read him. He saw the movie BFG recently and really liked it, and I can't wait to reread Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach.

Boxitects by Kim Smith- Sawyer loves to repurpose items, so this book looks like something he'll be able to relate to. 

The Boxcar Children Books 1-4 by Gertrude Chandler Warner- I loved these books growing up and I can't wait to see if he's interested. He loves mysteries, so I have a hunch he will. 

Cat Kid Comic Club by Dav Pilkey- Another series by one of his favorite authors.

The World of Beverly Cleary (15 books)- Another classic author! 

Dog Man Grime and Punishment by Dav Pilkey- So, Pilkey is not my favorite, but Sawyer really loves him and I'm not about to squash any sort of love for reading he has! Plus, I have to admit I'm not exactly his target audience, so there's that too (in case you aren't familiar with these books they are really silly graphic novels that involve a policeman protagonist that is half dog half man who gets himself into crazy predicaments and ends up saving the day. 

The Bad Guys by Aaron Blabey- Another pseudo-graphic novel series that I think he will like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS