Bookish (and Not So Bookish) Thoughts

1. Penguin has contacted me about reviewing some of their books. I'm a little worried about what this means for the many, many books that I already have to read.

2. There should be a reality show about retail seasonal workers. Every time one checks me out and smiles that eager smile I imagine them secretly battling it out with all the other workers to try to gain a permanent spot. 

3. I got some books for my birthday last week! Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan, Home by Toni Morrison, San Miguel by TC Boyle, and The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. Also $50 in Amazon gift cards, which I'll obviously spend on books (because I need more).

4. I have a new game I play when I walk the dogs in the evening- I rate the neighborhood houses on the official Tacky Holiday Decorations Scale. Automatic one point if you have something that moves (blow ups not included), and another if your decorations make noise. Two points for the bright neon LED lights that wind up your driveway or walkway. Relax, it's all in good fun- fat nylon creatures that are pumped full of air aren't exactly intended to be elegant. 



5. I'm pretty sure every single book I buy for myself should be tax-deductible. I'm an English teacher-they're making me a better teacher. Am I right, or am I right?
[source]

6. Five words: Craisin Almond Chocolate Chunk Cookies. I invented them (unless some already did...)

7. I'm going to be hosting an awesome giveaway soon. Stay tuned.

8. I get jealous when my husband buys cool books. His limited edition of The Fifty Year Sword by Mark Z. Danielewski came the other day and the packaging is beyond awesome. I pretended not to be interested. I was. 

2 comments:

  1. Doing book reviews sounds so cool! Being the nosey person that I am, I'm curious: would they pay you? Would they put your blurbs on the backs of books? Oh the possibilities!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, nothing that fancy. I'm just one of the many, many bloggers they reach out to as PR strategy. If only!

      Delete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS