For Your Entertainment: Senior Quotes 2014

Every year we ask the seniors to provide a quote for the yearbook, as long as it's appropriate in terms of not being sexual, racist, offensive, or an inside joke (mostly for bullying reasons). While this year was not the most entertaining or appalling, there were some gems.

Advice from the (tentative) senior class of 2014:

Several of them want you to remember Tupac:

[source]

"Reality is not wrong, dreams are for reals."

They want us to feel motivated:

[source]
 "The righteous man falls down seven times and stands up eight."

They want us to put work off for as long as possible:

[source]

"Due tomorrow. Do tomorrow."

They want us to give in to our vanity:


"A selfie a day keeps the haters away."

They want us to realize senior quotes are maybe a little lame:


"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit"- Oscar Wilde

They want to give us advice about love:

[source]
 "Never chase anyone. A person who appreciates you will walk with you."

They want to slip through loopholes on the "no sexual connotation" clause:

[source]
 "That's what"- She

They want us to stay away from the Devil:

[source]
"Burn rubber, not your soul."

They want us to consider the importance of morning wood (this did not go in):

[source]
 "Waking up is the second hardest thing in the morning." 

What was your senior quote? Do you even remember?

3 comments:

  1. That morning wood one is pretty good! Haha!

    I dug up my yearbook to see what my husband and I said back in 2003. My quote was by Anne Frank, not exactly original, but it still holds up. His was, "It's in the box," which was an inside joke with his friends.

    Are you going to tell us what your senior quote was? I'm guessing it wasn't by Tupac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of those are great! I went to a small high school, so we only had two students per page in the yearbook and they gave us quite a bit of space to add in quotes, so most of us used several -- I remembered 2 of mine, but not all of them so I had to go look them up...it's so funny to look back at this!

    The universe is made of stories, not atoms - Muriel Rukeyser
    It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live - JK Rowling
    A wish came to me like Peter Pan at my window and said, evolve your destiny child and you'll never walk alone - Nelly Furtado
    No matter where you go, you will always me in my heart - Tarzan

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS