1. My friend is getting married soon and I got this for her bachelorette brunch (so thankful it wasn't a crazy party- I would have ended up as the DD):
2. I've always been staunchly opposed to ereaders, both for nostalgic and practical reasons. This article continues to support my stance.
3. I'm one of the few who doesn't bend over backwards to kiss some Frozen ass, and am already wrinkling my nose at the reassurance of popularity now that Halloween is coming. Every time I see an Elsa I'm eating a peanut butter cup (if I get trick-or-treaters).
4. I'm a fan of the show Cabaret and would love to get to New York to see Emma Stone perform as Sally.
5. I'm so thankful for friends that you know you can easily pick back up with after an absence- people that understand that life happens.
6. I've been dying for an ARC of Reif Larsen's I Am Radar, so I finally bit the bullet and emailed Penguin. The next day I received an email asking for my address. I have yet to receive it yet, but am excited that it was so easy! I know, beginner's luck.
7. Leave it to Texas (sorry...) to screw up Ebola containment. And seriously, why wasn't the CDC more involved? Did these people not see the movie Outbreak? Do they not remember that creepy monkey? Come on, now (I must confess that one of the most memorable part of that movie is the divorced couple who split custody of their dogs- my husband I would definitely do that if we ever split up).
8. When life gets tough, get some perspective:
9. Sometimes I crave ice cream, and sometimes I crave going to Yosemite. I know, it sounds lame, but sometimes I get this intense need to just go. The trees, the waterfalls, the smell of campfires at dusk... I'm also a little obsessed with the idea of staying at the $500+ a night Awahnee, but that ain't happening anytime soon.
10. I'm in love with this blanket (but not the price):