Hot Commodity




The Little House in the Prairie series and I go way back- all the way to 1989ish. My parents bought me a used set from Yesterday's Bookstore and over the course of a few years I read the entire series. I'd occasionally catch a few episodes of the series, too, when I managed to read the TV Guide right. Fast-forward to last Tuesday week- I saw a friend post a Slate article about Laura Ingalls Wilder's autobiography, a more adult version written before her children's series, and almost died of happiness.

Until I realized the article was pointing out the publisher's mistake (or WAS it?) of only running a 15,000 first printing. The first batch was gone instantly and the orders for the next version skyrocketed. I ordered my copy on Amazon and am not expected to get it until mid-to-late March.

The most concerning thing about all of this? How did I not know? This is not new news, to the rest of the world, apparently. 

Book blogger fail.

Little House fan fail.

Life fail.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know either! Epic fail. I have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband bought this for me for Christmas and I don't expect to get it until March either. I can't wait to read it. They better get their presses moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also ordered... *waiting...waiting...* Maybe we'll all be able to read it together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the maintenance, not much to say, it is very good: even when "it tape" downhill, the foot does not move, Timberland Sale it is true that the excellent grip part in this good record. Also a very satisfactory grip on wet stones. At the level of wear, as long as we avoid too abrasive terrain and that one does not stride like "cross country", Timberland Outlet online the studs are relatively spared (see photos after 160 km). For cons, I'm not sure they will hold 1,000 kilometers.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS