Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



Link up, link back, say hey!

1. I think the fact that I think a hashtag demeans things is a sign of my age. It's not going anywhere and can be a powerful tool, but I just can't help thinking that once something becomes one it's level of seriousness is just diminished a tiny bit. 

2. I've been running a lot lately! Sunday was my farthest run in a few years- seven miles. ALL ON THE TREADMILL. Seven miles at a time on my best friend is a little rough, and it took some serious mental willpower to get through. But, I think that's actually what I love about training indoors- the mental stamina developed proves to be essential on race day. 

3. I need to start fueling my body better- I eat well up until I get home for the day (example: my lunch every day is a veggie patty, string cheese, and an apple, but when I get home there's at least one or two handfuls of peanut butter M&Ms happening). I am extremely tired to begin with and I know my diet isn't helping. I'm not going to try a massive overhaul, but I just got a copy of ROAR by Stacy Sims for some tips. 

4. I'm also finishing up Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng and after I got over the "1995 TV movie of the week adoption" component I settled in to love it. 

5. Today is Sawyer's half birthday, and while I didn't even tell him that was the case as to not confuse him, I had to reflect a little on social media. I love having a three-year-old! It is  such a fun age and I've loved watching him develop so much lately. His vocabulary and speech development has grown by leaps and bounds since going to preschool, he's potty trained, he pretends constantly, and he's always excited to go new places and try new things. Perfect he is not- he still wakes up once or twice a night calling for me for various reasons, he gets incredibly frustrated if I can't understand what he's saying, and he is still relatively picky (all normal, except maybe the sleeping part... wahhhhh). He's the best.

6. I feel like this weekend begins the holiday season, which I'm excited for. Friday night we have a Trunk or Treat at Sawyer's school, Saturday I'm hiking with a friend, Sunday morning I'm meeting up with a friend and her kids, and I'd also like to do some baking and pumpkin carving. Then it's Halloween next week (I'm dressing up! Ha!).

7. What I want to bake: Pumpkin Sheet Cake with Brown Butter Frosting. I also promised Sawyer we'd make some Halloween cookies, but I'd also like to do make croissants soon while I still remember what I learned from my class. I can't do it all! OR CAN I?

8. There are only two shows that I can say I am watching right now: The Good Place (with) and This is Us (without). We were watching Fargo, too, but that has to be put on hold because I can seriously only get through an hour or two a week. The good news is that both shows are both quite entertaining and enjoyable.

9. I just realized the Ready Player One movie was pushed back until spring of 2019, as it was slated to open agains the new Star Wars movie. Probably a good move. 

10. Last weekend Sawyer and I went to Temecula to a huge corn maze and a pumpkin patch. After an hour I had to use an emergency exit on the maze because we were very, very lost with no sign of an end (with increasing temperatures). We walked nearly three miles! Despite our failure it was still very fun and the corn reminded me of growing up in the Central Valley.

5 comments:

  1. I love This Is Us! Did you see this week's episode? A stunning and unexpected person from Jack's past...

    The pumpkin cake sounds so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sound of that pumpkin cake.

    I actually made a pumpkin pie today. :) It is cooling.

    This is a lovely meme, but my life isn't exciting, and I wouldn't have anything to write about. LOL!!

    Unless you want to hear about cleaning, reading, and baking. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are far more patient than I am. I just can't run on the treadmill for seven miles. I start going bat-poop crazy after two miles on there. Even if I've got a good playlist, audiobook or podcast going.

    And I'm watching and loving this season of the Good Place. I'm an episode behind (we've got an 18-month old so my having control of the remote is limited!). Ted Danson is a comedy genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Ready Player One get pushed back another year? Or did I misread?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! My first time joining Bookish/Not so Bookish. I also have a 3 year old (granddaughter) and she's a joy! So full of love and energy, she wears me out, lol. Right now I'm preparing to catch up on This Is Us,I have to get ready because every episode makes me cry (the feels) and The Exorcist (tv show) is on my list too. Last season was pretty good. Happy Halloween and happy birthday to your baby!!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS