Top Ten Tuesday- Rereads

[What is this rewinding you speak of? source]


The Broke and the Bookish are rewinding today, so I'm taking the liberty to talk about the books I'd like to reread (I don't think they've ever done this one, but oh well). I'm not a huge rereader- I feel like there are so many other books out there that I'd like to try out. On the other hand, the times that I have (generally for work) I'm always pleasantly surprised.

1. Crime and Punishment by Fydor Dostoyevsky- I read this junior year in high school and loved it- I'd even say it was my favorite book, despite the fact that it's been fourteen years since I last picked it up.

2. The Narnia Series by CS Lewis- I read these in elementary school and have the complete series on a shelf here at home. Any day now! I definitely look forward to reading these with my kids years down the road.

3. House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende- This is another from high school that I thoroughly enjoyed. I've read several Allende books since, but I'd like to go back to the one that started it all.

4. Spark by John Ratey- I read this a few years ago and was really inspired by his studies regarding exercise and the brain. It's great motivation!

5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte- It's been many years since I've read about Jane and crazy Rochester. 

6. Lord of the Flies by William Golding- I read this sophomore year in high school and we're constantly talking about not having enough copies to read with the kids at work. I remember I enjoyed it, but I feel like I maybe my fourteen year old self didn't catch everything.

7. Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole- I honestly don't remember when I read this- maybe early college? I do remember it being hilarious and loving the bumbling idiot Ignacious. 

8. The Selected Works of TS Spivet by Reif Larsen- I know I just read this a few years ago, but I truly loved it. The movie comes out soon (I think), so a refresher would be nice. I really wish the man would write another book...

9. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides- Another book that I read several years ago but truly loved.

10. Underworld by Don Delillo- I find this a bit ironic, considering it took me over five years of starting and restarting to read it in the first place. It's such a dense, layered book, though, and I know a second read would give me an even better perspective.

Are you a rereader? What would you reread?

11 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to read Middlesex for so long -- good to know it was so good you'd want to re-read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reread quite frequently, but usually not whole books. I'll reread a particular section of a book I like (like Jane Eyre) or one that evokes a particular emotion in me that I'd like to recapture.

    I do need to reread A Confederacy of Dunces. It's been a long time, but I also remember loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to re-read the Narnia series - I was so obsessed with them when I was younger. I'm not much of a re-reader either, I think it's hard enough keeping up with all the books I am waiting to get around to and with so many brilliant books constantly being released...there are just too many books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big re-reader, which is one of the reasons that I buy a lot of books I've already read. You just never know when you need to revisit an old friend! :-) I've been meaning to read Middlesex for a long time--may have to bump that one up to the top of the TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to reread. Currently rereading the Dresden Files, next will probably be Game Of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently re-read some old books from high school (Of Mice and Men, A Raisin in the Sun). I for sure noticed stuff that I didn't notice the first time around. It's definitely a different experience when you are at a different place in your life, with a different frame of reference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good list, I love the Narnia series and I really want to read Middlesex.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Crime & Punishment when I read it in high school too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I could handle a reread of Narnia. It was my absolute favourite series as a kid. My little sister and I totally wore out the dramatised CDs of them. My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read Jane Eyre three times so far, each time leaving me more devastated than the one before. i don't know why I have this very strange relationship with this book. Non the less, I love it. I feel like I'm going to read it again pretty soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS