Top Ten Tuesday- Free Style

[time to learn to cook! and sew! and take care of the home! source]


This weeks Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish is a freebie, so I decided to go on a slightly different path. Traditionally I turn to books to teach me how to do things- cook, take care of a newborn, train for a half marathon, etc... But some things you need some more hands-on instruction for. So today my list is ten things that I'd like to be able to do, with lessons or classes or some sort of tutoring:

1. Sewing: I have a machine and some basic knowledge, but how awesome would it be to be able to sew my own, custom-made clothes? I'm envisioning vintage McCall's patterns that lead to dresses that look like they're from Anthro of Modcloth. 

2. Decorate cakes/cupcakes: I go the actual cake part down, but my decorating skills are pretty abysmal. 

3. Change a tire: I have AAA, but they can be slow. 

4. Archery: I'm concerned with my lack of upper-body strength on this one, but I think my brother and I might take a lesson this summer at a range right up the road. 

5. The piano: I'm pretty sure this would end badly, but I've always been told I have "piano fingers" and think it would be pretty cool to play some Elton John. Because Chopsticks is too basic. 

6. Calligraphy: This is probably pretty amusing to those that know me, because I have pretty shitty writing. Fact: a student thought I wrote "bullshit" on her paper when she got it back today, when it was in fact "bashing." Oops. I think it would be nice to be forced to slow down and be a little more aware of my penmanship. 

7. Makeup: I can do the basics, but I'd love to get better at everything past that. 

8. Basic house maintenance: Toilet fixing, shelf hanging, faucet leak fixing, etc... 

9. Dog grooming: Cordie is a furry beast that is scared of the (expensive groomer). 

10. Pure Barre: We have a knock-off studio nearby that I might try this summer, and if I like it I might get some of the DVDs to add to my at-home routines.

Your turn- what have you always wanted a chance to either learn to do or improve at? 

9 comments:

  1. Great list Christine! I'd love to be able to play an instrument well. I've never really played an instrument. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...this would be a fun list to think out! I think most of all I wish I was a master bread baker.

    Here's mine: Best Moving-and-Starting-Over Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, love your list! I had a home economics class back in elementary that taught me a bit of sewing but I still can't for the life of me sew properly (only under emergency). I'd love to learn archery too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I love baking, but decorating is something I could definitely use some classes on. And calligraphy would be so awesome to learn :)

    Check out My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list... But I feel like you're listing things I need help with! ;)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-freebie.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun list! I took piano lessons as a kid and HATED them. Now that I'm older, I wish I'd stuck with them. I know there are lots of places/people that teach piano, so I'm sure you could find someone to teach you pretty easily.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first seven are on my list too. I have a keyboard that sits idle in my room. I need to learn to play some cool music.
    My list here http://runwright.net/2015/05/20/7230/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to be able to braid hair. I know there are clips on YouTube but hello, can't be holding eleventy million bits of hair and hit pause on the instructional video at the same time.

    Fun fact about me: many moons ago I was a calligrapher. And paid actual money to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome take on the TTT this week :) I would love to learn how to sew. I didn't take any home ec classes and my mom is not a big crafty person so I have no one to learn this from. I do play the piano though and it's such a great stress reliever for me! I suggest if you just want to learn for yourself finding one of the books that has the number stickers to put on the keys. It's a great way to learn quickly :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS