Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

[American Graffiti Parade shot]


Happy Wednesday! If you care to play, leave your link in the comments!

1. I swear, the more I sleep the more tired I am! Is there some sort of scientific explanation for this? I'm going to have to look it up. 

2. The other night, on a complete whim, I bought Elton John tickets for next February. I've always wanted to see him and since he's retiring, supposedly, after this round I went for it. 

3. I'll post more later, but yesterday I had the privilege of attending a lunch with Gail Honeyman and it was super fun. Tonight I'm headed back to LA to the Skirball Center to hear Michael Chabon with a friend, so I'm definitely getting my literary fix.

4. It's almost Father's Day! Sawyer and I have A Plan. 



5. The other day I finally put up the prints I've been buying for a gallery wall over our stairs, and DANG was it a pain. I knew that it was going to be tough and I planned it out on the ground and then traced the shapes as guides for the stairs, but I am still not satisfied completely with the spacing. I think we're going to paint in a few years, so this will be revised eventually anyway. I do really love the prints, though, since I tried hard to find ones that reflected all of our interests. 

6. Last weekend Sawyer and I flew up north to visit my mom for a day and it was a relative success. He as completely fine, but, honestly, handling all of our stuff, him, and his car seat was tough. I checked his seat as baggage, so it really is just from the car to the counter, but still.... We are flying out of LAX when we go to Canada, which is a horrible airport, so I'm not looking forward to that part of it. 

7. While we were in Modesto we saw the American Graffiti Parade, which the city puts on each year in order to pay homage to George Lucas' movie with the same title. People from all over, including my mom's husband, enter their classic cars and drive the parade route. We snuck a ride for awhile, which was fun for Sawyer. 

8. I just started Florida by Lauren Groff- so far so good! 

4 comments:

  1. I love that American Graffiti was shot in the town where my friends and I used to drag the streets at night...LOL. Modesto was our main town around those parts.

    I love a gallery wall in the stairway. I had one for a few years...but I couldn't find any photos of it!

    Have a great weekend...and here are MY BOOKISH/NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice art gallery. Looks fabulous to me. Don't know how scientific it is, but exercise will help with being tired. It can also be a vitamin deficiency, so maybe the doctor can help.

    Enjoy your week.

    http://imperfectchristianmom.blogspot.com/2018/06/bookish-and-not-so-bookish-thoughts.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gallery is lovely, and Elton John should be a blast. I hope you have a good week! My list: leviosanotleviosa.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/418/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Thank you so much for creating this stuff. Lol. I have a sort of help for you on your sleeping issue. Try visiting sleepyti.me so you'd have an idea on what time you should sleep to avoid feeling tired or groggy when you wake up!
    Here's my post (my first time doing this) - https://avidreaderdiary.wordpress.com/2018/06/14/bookish-and-not-so-bookish-thoughts-001/

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS