Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



1. I'm pretty excited that I have the opportunity to go see Ottessa Moshfegh next month through the LA Public Library's ALOUD program. It's on a Tuesday during what is sure to be a crazy week (parent-teacher conferences), but I'll survive. I've read her two novels and picked up her short story collection today, so I feel ready (ha). 

2. I just finished rock climber Alex Honnold's book, Alone on the Wall, and Scott and I watched his documentary Free Solo the other night. The guy is incredible! I can't imagine climbing securely harnessed at climbing gym, let alone traversing El Capitan without any sort of safety gear. 

3. I try to ask Sawyer a silly question or two every night when we I put him to bed ("what super power do you wish you had?" or "if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?") and finally bought one of those "question a day" books for kids, where you record their answers for three years. I actually had one I did for over two years, but then I had Sawyer and my entire nighttime routine was RUINED and I quit. It was so fun to see what previous year's answers were, so I think seeing how he changes will be great.

4. I just finished listening to The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo and it was pretty... fluffy (as I knew it would be). I need mindless entertainment when I drive, though, so I guess in a way it was perfect. I will say that the ending was lacking big time. 

5. I am off this week and I swear I am more tired than when I am working. This always happens! I stay up too late and then wake up at basically the same time, since Sawyer is such an early-bird. 

6. I have been so lucky to have three lunch dates with friends this week, and have one more with my cousin on Friday. I was also able to see my grandpa last weekend, so I feel vey warm and fuzzy from all of this positive social energy. 

7. This cake is happening asap (although maybe as cupcakes). 

4 comments:

  1. Okay, now I'm craving that chocolate cake.

    I like the idea of keeping a question-a-day book.

    Eating out with friends is always fun.

    Here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that chocolate cake looks good! I'd definitely try it sans peanut butter for me.

    The question-a-day book idea sounds interesting, something to spark your son's imagination for sure!

    Here are my Bookish and Not So Bookish Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing Alex Honnold's Free Solo. I'll have to add his book to my TBR list!

    Here are my Bookish Thoughts - http://shannonsbookbag.blogspot.com/2019/02/bookish-and-not-so-bookish-thoughts.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun activities! I want to see Free Solo and that cake!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS