Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

[Barbara Jones-Hugu, source]

1. I am almost 100 pages into The Believers by Rebecca Makkai and am fascinated (I also listened to The Daily's episode on the second HIV patient cured, so it was perfect timing). The evolution of HIV/AIDS is simultaneously tragic and so interesting, biologically and anthropologically speaking.

2. I listened to Taylor Jenkin's Reid's More Than Words (it was... fine) and now am out of Audible credits for a few weeks so I'm back on the Podcast train. Womp womp womp. Podcasts are like the contents of Netflix to me- there's just way too much and I get way too overwhelmed.

3. My passport if about to expire, so I need to send it in for renewal. I'm terrified! I have very little trust in the postal service, so the fact I'm about to put such a sensitive document within in it bothers me greatly. I know to get tracking but still. 

4. I am working my way backwards through the fifteen seasons of Top Chef on Hulu, since it's perfect to have on when I embroider. I have no clue when I originally stopped watching, but I'm thinking maybe season five? Clearly I will have plenty of material. 

5. Sawyer and I are going to The Broad in LA this weekend, specifically for me to see the new exhibit, Soul of a Nation: Art in the Age of Black Power, and for him to visit for the first time. I have only been once, but I can say without a doubt it is one of my favorite museums of all time (absolute favorite? The Natural History Museum in NYC... the best!). 

1 comment:

  1. I felt nervous when sending in my passport for renewal, too; I did mine in 2017. It came back to me, renewed; all good. But I'm always surprised that anything manages to arrive by mail.

    Here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS