Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts




This past weekend was super busy and fun. I started things off with the Strumbellas concert in Orange County with a friend. They were absolutely amazing live- it was probably the most fun I’ve ever had at a show before. If you haven’t heard of them before I highly recommend checking out their last album, Hope, on Spotify. Their newest one is good, for sure, but the one from 2016 is the best.

Sunday Sawyer and I met up with my brother and his wife at the San Diego Zoo. It was raining, but we came prepared with umbrellas and jackets, and had so much fun. There were two particular highlights- getting to see a zookeeper carry a sloth right by us (we naturally followed them) and then seeing a giraffe in labor (the poor thing had the calf’s legs sticking out for hours and hours; we didn’t see the actual birth it took her so long).

I have been tracking all my expenditures for a few months now, and it’s been so incredibly helpful for trimming extra expenses. I’ve always been fiscally aware, but it’s amazing how a $10 order from Amazon one day, a $3 treat the next day, and a $18 run in to Target on the third can add up. Just like tracking calories, knowing that I’ll be held responsible really makes me question the necessity of things.

Our weather here in Southern California is ridiculous. It’s almost June and I’m sitting here in long pants, a long sleeved shirt, and a blanket. I know I’ll be eating my words in a few months, but the clouds are what kill me. I need sunshine.


I’ve started reading White Dog Fell from the Sky by Eleanor Morse and so far I am really enjoying it. Morse isn’t herself African, but I do appreciate the increase in novels being published about this continent over the past few years.                      

2 comments:

  1. That IG story you posted of the giraffe in labour was pretty insane! (that really suck that the labour went on for hours though)

    I've been tracking my expenditures for a while but alas, haven't quite made a long-lasting leap towards making some more permanent cuts here and there. Go you! :)

    http://eclectictales.insanitysandwich.com/blog/2019/05/22/bookish-and-not-so-bookish-thoughts-61/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Falling ill and having to make big changes in my life have led to more attention paid to the budget.

    The San Diego Zoo adventure sounds great. Here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS