5-4-3-2-1



5 Things I Want to Watch
The Downton Abbey movie- We finally finished watching the series after speeding through all but the last season.

The Goldfinch movie- I thoroughly enjoyed the book and while I’m not usually a huge fan of most book-to-film adaptations, this one looks good.

The British Baking Show- They’re baaaaaaack! Only one episode at a time, but I’ll take it.

Workin’ Moms- I know there are some major issues with this show, but it’s entertaining and it makes me laugh. I sped through the first season and am working on the second now

This is Us- I fully admit this is such a guilty pleasure, and I’m always several shows behind, but it makes me happy the new season starts in a few weeks.

4 Goals I’m Working Hard on This Week
Yoga- I’ve completely fallen off the wagon and my body has been hurting lately after running more than usual

Less Phone Time- It could be better, it could be worse

Grading- The semester is off and running, which means that the kids are starting to write essays and turn in plenty of work for me to grade. This is my fourteenth year of teaching and I know better than to get behind this early in the game.

Etsy shop- I’m finishing up one project and need to start a special order!

3 Events I’m Looking Forward To
Jurassic Park Kid’s Run- It’s not until November, but I just paid for the registration for Sawyer’s 1k at Universal Studios, so I can’t wait

Cooler Weather- I hate exercise of any sort in the heat, so I can’t wait for it to cool down so I can get in longer runs and start doing more local hikes.

Halloween-y Stuff- I have never been a huge fan of Halloween, but now that Sawyer is in it to win it I have a lot of fun taking him to Pumpkin Patches, working on his costume, and trick-or-treating.

2 Books I’ve Preordered for September
The Testaments by Margaret Atwood (9/10)- I’m excited and scared for this follow up to The Handmaid’s Tale

The Dutch House by Ann Patchett (9/24)- I hate the cover and I’m not won over by the synopsis, but I love Patchett and she’s won my trust over the years.

1 Major Unrealistic Want

An Airstream. All of the sudden being able to attach a mini-house to my car and drive wherever is really attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS