Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

1. We are doing a drive-thru graduation and I get to go tomorrow- I am so excited. They have spread it out over four days to keep things safe and to eliminate bottle-necked, and it has gone well so far. The only problem is the heat, but that's so typical of this area- the week of graduation is super hot and than it cools down right after. ALWAYS.

2. I keep forgetting that they turned Sally Rooney's Normal People into a show. I respect her work but feel a little, I guess, old, when I read her writing (Conversations with Friends, too). I've heard nothing but good things about this one, though, so I guess I'll have to add it to the list that's already a million miles long.

3. Sawyer obviously isn't having a kindergarten graduation, so I am throwing one here at home for him on Friday, with just us. It's silly, but it's fun to have reasons to celebrate! We have started getting takeout again (ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod it's so nice to not have to cook every single meal, even if it's just one dinner off a week), so I am going to get donuts, I bought him a little cap and gown and will bake a cake (yes, celebrations yield a lot of sugar). He has been talking about having his own Fitbit for ages, and since we do so much walking, I bought him the kid's version for a gift (I know, I know, it's a little crazy but, again, it's nice to have reasons to celebrate).

4. Let's stop for a second. Pause. I need to stop breaking the habit I did in number three: apologizing and justifying and explaining. So what? I want to have a kindergarten graduation for my kid that no one is attending. So what? I want to use the money I earn to buy my not-spoiled-hardworking-kid a gift. Why do I always, always, always feel the need to explain? I always feel like someone is out there, questioning how I spend my money, my time, my energy, and chances are no one cares. And if they do care? Like.... why? And why do I need explain myself to this person who is judging me? Really, this isn't a huge issue on the blog, but on social media and in real life. 

5. Do you have an air fryer? I am passionately in love with mine. Seriously. I use it probably four or five times a week, whether to make a main dish for dinner or something quick for lunch. My friends are starting to make fun of me, since I'm always posting things I make on my stories, but, whatever, they're just coping the best they can with their jealousy. It's a magical little machine that is worth every penny.

6. Today is my younger brother's birthday and I miss him so much- he moved to Kansas last October(ish), after living an hour or two away from me. He is always up for anything- he's gone to get pedicures with me, to yoga, hiking up Half Dome, anything. I was pretty opposed to visiting him there, but I've reconsidered and might have to do a road trip out at some point. There are lots of cool places in between- Zion, Colorado, etc...



1 comment:

  1. It is good to celebrate after "sheltering in place" for so long! We are slowly going into the dining room again, starting next week. But it will be socially distanced with assigned seating. Ugh. I won't love that part, but then again, it might be surprisingly fun.

    Enjoy your celebrations!

    I didn't like the writing style of Sally Rooney's book (no quotation marks for dialogue), but I did like the Hulu show.

    Here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS