Link up below! Please and thanks!
Also, so sorry to anyone I twitter spammed this week- no sure what happened, but I think the problem is solved.
1. I was listening to a Nerdist podcast and the guys were talking about God-know-what and the subject of mix tapes came up. That somehow turned into "Mix Books"- taking various chapters of books and putting them together for a romantic prospect. If someone had done this for me I would have been total putty in their hands. You want me to what? You just gave me a mix book? Yeah, okay, fine. Maybe I'm just easy.
2. Help me decide what Netflix show to watch while treadmill walking! I have it narrowed down to three: Nip/Tuck, Dexter, or The West Wing. All three are shows I've wanted to watch but my husband has zero interest in. What should I start with?
3. Speaking of shows, holy shit House of Cards season 2 is ridiculous. The first episode alone had us reeling. And I'm sorry, but I like Claire. I know she's a manipulative, maniacal bitch, but I can't help it. Maybe the power and success? The level of control and decorum she maintains? Or maybe it's the fact that I want her finesse when I'm her age. Nonetheless, I admit it.
4. Last weekend was crazy- I met with my favorite happy hour buddies Friday night (they each had shots of tequila, though, so that wasn't fair), walked four miles with a friend Saturday morning, drove to Orange County Saturday afternoon to visit with my mom, who was briefly in town, went to Ikea on Sunday morning to finish nursery furniture shopping, and then went to my brother's girlfriend's dance recital at UC Irvine that afternoon. Monday I graded and yearbooked for at least 6 hours.
5. I'm currently reading, and loving, Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake. I received the trilogy (I know! Me! Reading a series!) for by birthday and Christmas, and am kicking myself for not getting on board sooner.
6. There have been zero interesting readings in the greater Los Angeles area the past few months, and none are brewing on the horizon, from what I can tell. This dry spell is ridiculous, and I'm not sure if it's because no one wants to come here or if no one I'm interested in has really put anything out lately. I'm crossing my fingers that the LA Times Festival of Books has some decent people (and also that at 36 or 38 weeks, or whatever I am then, pregnant I'm good to go).
7. I was excited to see that Yosemite (yosemitenps) is now on Instagram today! I follow very few people that aren't my actual friends or family members (exceptions: Pete Souza, the White House photographer, and Giada de Laurentiis, my girl crush), but this was a given.
8. Can someone please explain why J.K. Rowling is still planning to write under a pseudonym? It's so lame. The cat's out of the bag!
9. I hate it when people say that you can mend split ends with various hair products. The only way to fix split ends is with scissors. People are so delusional. Or maybe they're just magical. Maybe J.K. Rowling should write a freaking book about that.
10. My students have finished their study of Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe and seem less than impressed. Challenge accepted.