|[Foer: douchebag or so deep?]|
This week The Broke and the Bookish ask us what ten authors we'd like to meet*:
1. Marisha Pessl- I enjoyed both of her books very much, but ever since learning she created a detailed Excel spreadsheet for her first book as a way to brainstorm I knew she was my kind of girl.
2. Jonathan Safran Foer- I've always had a bit of an author-crush on him, since college. I have a feeling he might be a little bit of a pretentious douchebag, but still.
3. Colum McCann- I actually did, technically, meet him- one of the few authors I've ever stood in live for an autograph for. I'd love to sit down and pick his brain, though.
4. Salman Rushdie- One of the greats of our day.
5. Isabel Allende- The woman is such a firecracker!
6. Zadie Smith- I respect her writing immensely and have heard mixed things about how friendly she is in real life. I'd like to judge for myself.
7. TC Boyle- I've been to many of his readings and find his work fascinating. He has such a big personality and cares passionately about current events.
8. Stephen Chbosky- So I could give him a stern talking to about ripping off The Catcher in the Rye.
9. Don Delillo- I need him to explain Underworld to me. Please, Don. Help.
10. Jeffrey Eugenides- Is it possible to acquire talent through osmosis?
*I limited myself to living writers.