Link up and link back! Today's BNSBT is picture heavy- here's what I've been up to this week!
1. This morning Sawyer and I went to Sprinkle's Cupcakes in Newport and he had his first ever (mini) treat of his own (minus the chunk a bird jumped on our table to steal). We then spent over an hour walking around the beach area, which he loved. I managed to pick up some super cheap sunflowers while I was down there too- I've developed a love for fresh flowers on my counter that I like to indulge once in awhile. They just make the room look happier.
|["Sawyer, hat back on head! Now!" Haha]|
2. This was delivered yesterday and while I'm only twenty pages in, I'm fairly underwhelmed. I've stayed away from all reviews, which I'll read when I'm finished. Quick rant: it is NOT a prequel! It was written before TKAM, but it's set twenty years in the future, therefore making it a sequel that was written first.
3. Go to hell, Target:
Wait. These are cute. Maybe I love you still.
4. Last night Sawyer was climbing over Chomsky, as he does seven million times a day, but this time Chomsky heard someone getting food and decided to get up, mid-climb. Unfortunately, they were on the travertine and Sawyer flipped over him and face-planted. He had a huge goose-egg and was very, very upset. But, like any warrior (or idiot?), he was back at it this morning:
5. I excitedly ordered overalls last fall for super cheap and when I got them I didn't like how they fit; they were a little bit tight and I was still getting the post-baby body thing straightened out. I decided on a whim to try them on yesterday and was instantly transported back to high school (which I liked). I don't care if no one thinks they're cool. I don't care if my brother asked me to not wear them in public with them. Whatever, haters. I styled them up and will wear them again. With my brother.
6. So these Peanut Butter M&M Truffles from Sally's Baking Addiction are ridiculously delicious and addicting:
7. I'm already scared of the withdrawals I will have when I can't get up every morning and walk the row of palm trees in our neighborhood. I have a huge cup of iced coffee, get me and the kid ready, and we head out for 30-60 minutes every day (like at 7:30 am... we're up early). It's the best way to start the day, just in case you need a reminder how awesome a morning constitutional is (I always say that because of 101 Dalmatians and I'm pretty sure no one gets it).
8. I can't even with these books. What the effing hell? I just can't even say anything that doesn't involve extensive profanity. Barnes and Noble lost even more points with me now, for stocking them.
9. We went to a local permanent farmer's market sort of place and this sign cracked me up. GET IT?
10. My LEGO building skills are really improving this summer. Here you have a stand-alone garage, complete with roof top garden for the Joker and Batman to keep their animals and carry on their secret friendship:
Have a great week!