Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts

Link up and link back! Today's BNSBT is picture heavy- here's what I've been up to this week!

1. This morning Sawyer and I went to Sprinkle's Cupcakes in Newport and he had his first ever (mini) treat of his own (minus the chunk a bird jumped on our table to steal). We then spent over an hour walking around the beach area, which he loved. I managed to pick up some super cheap sunflowers while I was down there too- I've developed a love for fresh flowers on my counter that I like to indulge once in awhile. They just make the room look happier. 

[Newport Beach]

["Sawyer, hat back on head! Now!" Haha] 


2. This was delivered yesterday and while I'm only twenty pages in, I'm fairly underwhelmed. I've stayed away from all reviews, which I'll read when I'm finished. Quick rant: it is NOT a prequel! It was written before TKAM, but it's set twenty years in the future, therefore making it a sequel that was written first. 


3. Go to hell, Target:



   Wait. These are cute. Maybe I love you still.



4. Last night Sawyer was climbing over Chomsky, as he does seven million times a day, but this time Chomsky heard someone getting food and decided to get up, mid-climb. Unfortunately, they were on the travertine and Sawyer flipped over him and face-planted. He had a huge goose-egg and was very, very upset. But, like any warrior (or idiot?), he was back at it this morning:



5. I excitedly ordered overalls last fall for super cheap and when I got them I didn't like how they fit; they were a little bit tight and I was still getting the post-baby body thing straightened out. I decided on a whim to try them on yesterday and was instantly transported back to high school (which I liked). I don't care if no one thinks they're cool. I don't care if my brother asked me to not wear them in public with them. Whatever, haters. I styled them up and will wear them again. With my brother. 



6. So these Peanut Butter M&M Truffles from Sally's Baking Addiction are ridiculously delicious and addicting:



7. I'm already scared of the withdrawals I will have when I can't get up every morning and walk the row of palm trees in our neighborhood. I have a huge cup of iced coffee, get me and the kid ready, and we head out for 30-60 minutes every day (like at 7:30 am... we're up early). It's the best way to start the day, just in case you need a reminder how awesome a morning constitutional is (I always say that because of 101 Dalmatians and I'm pretty sure no one gets it). 



8. I can't even with these books. What the effing hell? I just can't even say anything that doesn't involve extensive profanity. Barnes and Noble lost even more points with me now, for stocking them. 



9. We went to a local permanent farmer's market sort of place and this sign cracked me up. GET IT? 



10. My LEGO building skills are really improving this summer. Here you have a stand-alone garage, complete with roof top garden for the Joker and Batman to keep their animals and carry on their secret friendship:


Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. If you're loving the Lego, just wait until Sawyer is in to train sets - my husband and I used to have major track-wars, to see who could build the most marvelous and complex train track on the train play-table. Not sure the kids fully appreciated all our engineering work but did often say "Mum, you build the best tracks"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super impressed you guys get up and out for a walk every morning! I'm so not a morning person so our mornings are pretty lazy, but I'm starting to feel really guilty about it. And those "books" - they don't even deserve the title of book. Ugh, what is wrong with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those books the other day, too!! So crazy. On one hand I'm usually like "well if it gets people reading..." But still. Seriously?! Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the 'Where the Wild Things Are' shirts. So cute!

    I also miss the days of overalls but am not brave enough to try to wear them now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those truffles look so good. And the overalls are cute -- where them wherever you want! And #8... UGH

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shirt from Target is adorable...wish my boy was just a tad younger so that I could convince him to wear it. He's 6 now, so everything is superheroes! He is a master lego builder though :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS