This week The Broke and the Bookish ask what we plan on reading this spring. Here's what I'm thinking:
1. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe- This is a reread for work (I'm actually reading it right now).
2. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad- Another one for the IB English course I teach!
3. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain- The last one for teaching, I promise.
4. Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family by Amy Ellis Nutt- We are reading this in a few week for our English Department book club. I love that we occasionally do some nonfiction and I'm confident this will illicit some great discussion.
5. Euphoria by Lily King: This is our book club selection for the last few months of school.
6. In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri- I ordered this as soon as it came out and can't wait to read a piece of nonfiction by her.
7. Thirteen Ways of Looking by Colum McCann- Why I haven't read this yet, considering my absolute love for him, is beyond me.
8. Something by TC Boyle- I have a few of his books on my shelves sitting sadly unread.
9. Something old...- One of my goals for this month is to read a book that I've had on my shelf for at least two years. I'm not sure what one yet, but it'll happen.
10. Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Klegg- I saw this novel floating around on a few blogs over the past few months and picked it up a few months ago. I have a feeling it will be good read that I'll get into over spring break.