Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts



1. Christmas was quite the success around these parts- Sawyer thought everything related to Santa or trees or snowmen was beyond magical, so the presents were over-the-top. I'm a little sad that it's all over, but part of me is itching to get my house back to normal and fall back into a more regular way of life. 

2. I have no plans to go on a cruise in the near future, but for some reason I spent almost a half an hour on the Royal Caribbean website the other day. I have only taken tropical, cheap, ones through Carnival and swore I was done the last one I took (it was fine, I just thought some of the accommodations were lacking), but I'm starting to embrace the idea of a pricier one somewhere like the East Coast or even parts of Europe. There's an awesome one from Hawaii to Fiji and New Zealand... if you have at least three weeks to spare! 

3. I am two books away from hitting my Goodreads goals of 71 books this year- it's gonna happen, I can feel it. I need to strategically choose my next to books in order to set myself up for success, meaning Richard Powers' Overstory will most definitely NOT be next up. 

4. I ran outside today in my very hilly neighborhood today, just a few miles, and man did it take a lot out of me (like doze on the couch at 11 am kind-of-tired, which I usually refuse to succumb to). I know that it's basically the best endurance training possible, but man it was tough.

5. Do you make New Year's Resolutions? Last year I just had one, to save enough throughout the year to basically cover Christmas costs, which I successfully kept, so I know I'll definitely do the same. I know a lot of people are against them, but I love goal setting. My only issue is in the past I've never really had any sort of system of accountability and they fall by the wayside. I decided last year that unless I have some sort of way to keep track of the intention I wasn't going to make broad yearly ones. The savings goal was easy to track and I had the jar of cash in my closet, so I saw it daily. I still have a few days to decide! 

6.  Sawyer has pretty much officially dropped his afternoon nap, which has been unfortunate. He remains in good spirits until bed time, for the most part, but I've been transitioning him into "quiet time" in his room for an hour or so and we finally have a good thing going, I think. If he lays there quietly for forty-five minutes he gets to watch a show on the iPad for a half an hour in his room, which is a HUGE deal for him, since we've never done that. I wish someone would force me into such a wonderful situation. Sheesh. Kid doesn't realize how awesome he has it. 

7. I have been looking at my pictures form 2018 while starting my year-in-review book and I'm getting excited about the Women's March in LA next month. My friend and I went last year and it was such a fun and powerful experience. I can't wait! 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go to the Women's March. It has been ages since those days for me.

    I remember when each of my kids stopped napping, and it was a difficult time.

    Instead of resolutions, I pick One Word that will be my talisman for the duration...I'm using my same word from 2018: Connect.

    Here are MY BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your reading goal! You can do it! I hit mine (52 books) over the summer and I'm at about 107 now - hoping to finish 2 more before the end of the year.

    I haven't made my new year's resolutions yet. I know one of them will definitely be to take a trip somewhere or go to a book convention.

    Here are my BOOKISH & NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS