Top Ten Tuesday- Comin' Up



This week The Broke and the Bookish ask what we plan on reading this spring. Here's what I'm thinking:

1. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe- This is a reread for work (I'm actually reading it right now).

2. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad- Another one for the IB English course I teach!

3. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain- The last one for teaching, I promise.

4. Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family by Amy Ellis Nutt- We are reading this in a few week for our English Department book club. I love that we occasionally do some nonfiction and I'm confident this will illicit some great discussion.

5. Euphoria by Lily King: This is our book club selection for the last few months of school.

6. In Other Words by Jhumpa Lahiri- I ordered this as soon as it came out and can't wait to read a piece of nonfiction by her.

7.  Thirteen Ways of Looking by Colum McCann- Why I haven't read this yet, considering my absolute love for him, is beyond me.

8. Something by TC Boyle- I have a few of his books on my shelves sitting sadly unread.

9. Something old...- One of my goals for this month is to read a book that I've had on my shelf for at least two years. I'm not sure what one yet, but it'll happen.

10. Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Klegg- I saw this novel floating around on a few blogs over the past few months and picked it up a few months ago. I have a feeling it will be good read that I'll get into over spring break. 

4 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by Jhumpa Lahiri but I really want to read In Other Words, the story behind it was really fascinating and I want to read how it all turned out :) I also saw Klegg's Did You Ever Have a Family crop up a few months ago and was wondering whether I should check it out. Happy reading Christine! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must look into the Column McCann book. I love his writing. I was glad to see some books on your list which I have actually heard of. Ha! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the Namesake, but I always want to read more by Lahiri. I surprisingly really liked Things Fall Apart when I had to read it in high school and then again in college I liked it too. Happy reading, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also hoping to read a couple books that I've owned for a couple years and still haven't read this spring!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS