Hibernation Reading



I definitely don't want extra free time as a result of something horrible, but I'm also not going to waste the opportunity to do more of the things I love at home. Naturally, reading falls into that category, so I've combed through my extensive TBR and made a stack to get through during the impending weeks of hibernation (doesn't that sound so much nicer than "social isolation" or "quarantine" or all the other terms we're using these days?). As of right now I go back to work three weeks from tomorrow, but.... who knows. This hearty stack of ten will definitely get my started!

Me by Elton John- I've been working on this one for a few weeks- it's super fascinating, but I usually read autobiographies and biographies a little slower, in shorter spurts while I'm also reading a novel.

Apeirogon by Colum McCann- This new release is quite long and apparently fairly complicated in structure/style, so HELLO, perfect time.

American Spy by Lauren Wilkinson- If it's good enough for Obama it's good enough for me. 

Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout- I loved her other ones, so I'm sure this one will be great too. 

The Power by Naomi Alderman- This was out book club selection for our upcoming English Department meeting, what we aren't having. I'm still excited to read it (maybe we can do an email thread or something).

Consider This: Moments in My Writing Life after Which Everything Wa Different by Chuck Palahniuk- I was a fan of some of his earlier stuff and then it went way bad. I'm thinking this is going to explain a lot! 

Hagseed by Margaret Atwood- This retelling of The Tempest sounds interesting and I even reread The Tempest to prepare for this... like two years ago. Oops.

Quiet by Susan Cain- I'm not sure if this is the best time or the worst time to read a book about being on your own, but we'll see. 

Uncommon Type by Tom Hanks- The poor man and his wife have the virus, so I guess this is just a gentle nod to them taking it like champs and being such social media role models. 

Talk Talk by TC Boyle- I've had this for eons, so it's way overdue. 

This is the year we're all meeting our GoodReads totals, that's for damn sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS