|[source; this guys' comics are pretty fun]|
By this point in my reading career, or whatever you want to call it, there are certain authors I have come to trust. This week The Broke and the Bookish asks us which ten authors are automatic buys (unless my husband grabs them first... or I forget):
1. TC Boyle- For his social conscience (even though he is a Trojan to my Bruin allegiance).
2. Marisha Pessl- I've loved both of her two books and appreciate the research and time she puts in.
3. Ann Patchett- She's a genius.
4. Michael Chabon- Sometimes you need just need to read a pretentious wordsmith. It makes you feel smarter.
5. Reif Larsen- TS Spivet is my homeboy.
6. David Mitchell- While I have to confess to only reading two of his books, we have all of them and I know our shelves will always have his current works.
7. Nick Hornby- Such a funny man.
8. Jeffrey Eugenides- He's a genius.
9. Michael Cunningham- See #4.
10. John Irving- While I prefer early Irving, I still feel loyalty. I mean the man is responsible for Owen Meany.