32.



Certain times of the year make me nostalgic. New Year's Day. The end of the school year. Sawyer's birthday. But mine? Not so much. The older I get, the less I care. 

That being said, the sweet texts, posts, gifts, and visits I received yesterday were touching. Time is such a valuable commodity, so whenever people are willing to share a little on my behalf I'm honored. 

The day itself was simple, but pleasant. I got to sleep in, which by itself would have been gift enough. I enjoyed a long walk with Sawyer around the duck pond, got coffee, and went grocery shopping (I honestly really enjoy doing this every week, which is probably crazy). I had a few visitors stop by and then read while Sawyer napped, as opposed to grade or clean, as I normally do. And then we had burritos for dinner and watched Jane the Virgin

I know. I party hard

I am admittedly excited about the books my husband got me. We don't mess around with guessing what each other wants for birthdays and Christmas. Again, time is limited. So, we set limits and give each other lists. It's super romantic. But it works really well and we generally throw in a surprise here and there. 

And that's it. I'm 32. I need to start using my eye ream more diligently. 

5 comments:

  1. My husband and I are list makers and limit setters. As you said, it works, and I just know he wants to make me happy and I feel the same about him. It sounds like just the kind of birthday I celebrated recently. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday Christine! Your birthday celebration sounds like mine (the low-key part, not the details), glad you had a wonderful one :) And yay for bookish gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like a great day to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the whole 'show your list' and then pick from there. It makes life easier!! And then of course, throwing in a little surprise gift here and there is fun too.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS