Getting Me Through...



Four more work days until we get an incredibly much-needed nine days off (well, one work week and two weekends). Besides the mythical notion that I'll be caught up with grading before I walk out of my classroom (cue laughter), here are some of the little things getting me through the week:

1. The new Adele album comes out on Friday! I'm in desperate need of new tunes. I'm musically frustrated right now, and since I love the single (after hating it) I'm excited.

2. People have been telling me to try Stumptown for ages, since I'm an iced coffee fan, and I ignored them, since I have the lowest standards ever when it comes to coffee. This was delicious and got me through my Monday.

3. As soon as I sit down for a few minutes I'm registering for my first race in almost three years. It's nothing big at all, just a 5k Turkey Trot next Thursday at a local park, but I'm really excited to line up and go! 

4. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday (food! no gift-giving stress! time off!) and now that our plans are cemented I'm ready to decide what recipes to use and get organized. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to be in Florida next week and was thinking of signing up for a Turkey Trot as well….although I'm a little bit nervous about running in the humidity even though it's "only" 5K. Really, I just want a medal that says I ran in Florida, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved iced coffee and may have to try that! I have fun on the Turkey Trot, "5k" is a lot to me! lol Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS