Top Ten Tuesday- Fresh Meat

The Broke and the Bookish are requesting our top ten for 2013 (confession- mine are just unpublished, so a few come out in December). Mine:

1.  Bad Haircut, Stories from the Seventies by Tom Perotta (December 11, 2012)

2. Night Film by Marisha Pessl (August 20, 2013; supposedly)

3. Little Wolves by Thomas Maltman (January 8, 2013)- A literary murder mystery set during a drought in the midwest.

4. White Dog Fell From the Sky  by Eleanor Lincoln (January 3, 2013)- A medical student must flee from South Africa after seeing a murder; he ends up a gardener in Botswana. 

5. Amor by Isabel Allende (January 29, 2013)- Fine, fine it's in Spanish, but that just means there will be an English version at some point.

6. Indiscretion by Charles Dubow (February 5, 2013)- A writer and his wife end up involved with a "hanger on" one summer.

7. Ways of Going Home by Alejandro Zambra (January 8, 2013)- This book seems really interesting, the narration switching between writer and character and past and present. It starts off when a nine-year-old Chilean boy meets a young woman during the aftermath of an earthquake, and then later becomes involved with Pinochet. 

8. The Antagonist by Lynn Coady (January 22, 2013)- A man learns that an old friend has made him, and his troubles, the antagonist of his novel.

And that's all I could come up with; even this is the result of way too much time scouring Amazon's unreleased section. The process was actually quite disappointing; so many of my favorite authors came out with books this year that I'm assuming next year will be a little dry. But, you never know- I think most publishers haven't really started releasing their spring catalog information yet.

And worse comes to worse I catch up on the many, many I have already.

7 comments:

  1. Great list Christine! I know what you mean, a lot of the books I'm looking forward to are books that were released within the past year or two but are being released in paperback now xP I'm so behind, lol...The Antagonist sounds really interesting, going to have to check that one out =)

    Here's the 10 books I'm looking forward to next year =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list! I haven't heard of most of these books but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indiscretion sounds really good, and Ways of Going Home interests me a lot partly because I want to read more books in translation but also because I'm currently writing a book set in Chile after an earthquake.

    I feel the same about lots of my favourite writers having released books in 2012. But there's always debut novels and things we haven't heard of yet! And, as you say, catching up on the backlog!

    Here's mine: http://annabelsmith.tumblr.com/post/36638703003/anticipated-books-2013

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks!!

    New follower via GFC : )

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled upon Indiscretion the other day and thought it sounded good too! Great picks I'll definitely have to check the others out. :)
    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. White Dog Fell From the Sky sounds like something I would really enjoy reading. Great list, thanks so much for sharing. I haven't heard of many of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm.. Tom Perrotta. That's exciting. There are a few spring releases I'm excited about but the lierary heavy hitters usually come in the fall. I'm wishing for David Mitchell or Bret Easton Ellis or Donna Tartt.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS