A Relatively Unimportant Announcement

[Chomsky's bored already]

I've been doing my "Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts" for awhile and have had a few people express interest in it becoming an official "thing." I've been dragging my feet, since adding the whole "leave your link" widget seemed complicated. Turns out for $10/year Mr. Linky will do it all for me- totally fits my "why do it yourself if you can pay someone else to do it?" motto. So, friends, acquaintances, and people that have accidentally stumbled upon my blog, I invite you to please participate in my new little "meme" (I don't really like calling these memes- the "Hey Girl" pictures are more meme-ish in my world, but I digress), starting on Thursday. 

"Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts" is a quite simple idea. It allows book bloggers (or any blogger, for that matter) to write about pretty much anything, bookish or otherwise. Some weeks my posts are book heavy, while others reading is definitely not on the brain. I use them as an opportunity to share exciting plans for the weekend, rants on things I've encountered during the week, links to videos or articles, and thoughts about things happening in the literary community. Basically, anything goes, and it's a nice opportunity to let your readers get to know you on terms besides books. I generally do ten items, but there isn't a set amount- go crazy. Or don't. Oh, and do me a solid- please link back!

I plan to schedule the posts to go up on Thursdays at 5am PT for now, but, keep in mind, shit does happen and occasionally they may be late. I'd like to work on getting some sort of cool graphic or button at some point, but one step at a time.

I have absolutely no expectations for participation, but I'd love if you'd try it out and make your friends do it too. If anything, we can all gain some new readers and continue to try to make people think the same way we do about books. Make sure to follow me on twitter and bloglovin' for updates!

I look forward to reading your posts!
 

8 comments:

  1. I just may join in on this! Maybe not every week because I already do Top Ten Tuesday and weekly personal updates, but it seems like a fun random kind of post to get it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool that you're making it a thing ;) It's a lot of fun!

    Btw, have you tried InLinkz (http://www.inlinkz.com/new/index.php?refId=5469) in place of Mr. Linky? By the looks of it there's a free version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, I already paid. I guess I can suck up $10 over 12 months, though.

      Delete
  3. I think I'll be able to join up some weeks :) If I finish early enough tonight maybe even tomorrow!
    I always love those posts of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah! Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO cute! I have a choc that looks just like him. and he makes the same face while I am reading/typing-unless it's near dinner time when he decides to constantly nudge my arm. Hope I can join in soon!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS