Link up, link back, say hey!
1. I have thoughts about International Women's Day and all that accompanies it, but I feel like articulating them would take pages and pages. Basically, I think the idea is good in spirit, but the problem is that so many of these "_______ Days" are just token gestures that really don't accomplish much. People wear red and post a few things on social media, but then what? And the strike is complicated because it really is just for people who can afford to miss work and don't have to worry about losing their jobs. And so on and so forth. We just need to work harder, collectively, and we need to remember that there are women in places that have it far worse than us who we need to help.
2. Scott and I played Pandemic for the first time over the weekend and it was pretty fun. I thought I wasn't going to like playing cooperatively, but I survived. It does have a lot of pieces and procedures, but I think after a few times playing it'll be a breeze.
3. We also bought Candyland for Sawyer and played two games of it with him. He's a little young, but it was fun and good for him to wait his turn and practice his colors.
4. I just started Ann Patchett's This is the Story of a Happy Marriage and I am so inspired by this collection of essays already.
5. Last night I was on the verge of losing it due to lots of little things and then a big thing that ended up fine (after a visit to the children's dentist... sigh). I was at the grocery story buying Sawyer Motrin and just, well, on the verge of losing it, and a friend texted me ON CUE "Hey, how's your week?" The timing was like from a movie or something. We chatted, made plans for the weekend, and I felt so much better (also because of the Reese's Peanut Butter Egg I bought, if we're being honest).
6. Friday- Sunday should be a welcome distraction and source of relief (knock on all the wood). Friday I have to take the day off for a doctor's appointment and I am going to get a few things done for myself since Sawyer will be at daycare for most of the day still. Saturday we are going to the Huntington Library near Pasadena, Sunday I am seeing a friend, and then I am FINALLY having a massage. And it's going to be in the mid-80s (shorts weather... gulp...). This week has definitely called for a good weekend.
7. I bought an oil diffuser, finally. I don't really believe in the healing aspects, but I want something more natural to make my house smell lovely and whatnot. If anyone does know a magical combination for "makes everyone in the house sleep for ten hours straight without making a peep" I'll take it.